Do women really lose power in the dating field after 25 years of age?

So many guys keep saying that they wouldn't date a woman over 25. Isn't that just shallow? Age is only a number.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so.

I'm 21 so I normally see women my age and close so I'm naturally more likely to be drawn to women of that age but in my opinion, 2 of the most beautiful women in the world (and my personal favourites) are Kate Beckingsale (41) and Charlize Theron (39). Also probably the hottest woman near where I live (though it is a small area) is in her 30s.

Now maybe I just have a thing for older women (entirely possible XD ) but I don't believe that women have some kind of expiration date. In fact I'd say they get more mature and probably would make better partners.

One thing I would say is that men often prefer younger women (and women often prefer older men) so that might be a factor but I don't think you need to worry about that until way into your 30s. Besides, most guys here are early 20s so to them 26 and up is too old but for a 30 year old guy, 26 is perfect. I guess for some guys an older woman has no appeal but to others she's perfect.

Tl;dr: don't worry. Depends on the person. XD

• Hey, just because I'm so helpful (:P) I went and did some research:

"The study of 2,000 people across the United States found women were considered to have reached their peak at 30, start to show signs of ageing at 41, stop looking "sexy" at 53, and are "old" at 55.
      ...
      Men thought women were most beautiful at 29, while women themselves thought the best age was 31." - www.telegraph.co.uk/.../...-at-34-survey-says.html

Also, the ages for the top 10 women in the 2014 Maxim top 100 are:
      26, 30, 30, 29, 24, 35, 33, 33, 31, 22.
      http://www.maxim.com/hot100/2014

Even if every one of them was a year younger when the list was made that's still only 3 of the top 10 25 or under with 4 30 or older and 3 28/29. And tbh, the 2 on that list I like least are the ones under 25 lol

If I did this much studying for college, I'd have graduated already. :P

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on the women, but generally yes. They had a study where they asked men and women age 18-50 what the ideal age of their partner would be, The men never chose an age over 24 and 20 was the most attractive age for women. Women chose up to age 52, 32 being the most attractive age for men. The main value a women has in the dating world is her looks, once those start fading, she will obliviously lose power.

• I actually prefer them to be at least 25, but that's just me.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know. I've never really dated before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TwtbPTwewU

^ so random I just really want to post this somewhere

• Many guys say many things, yet many women over 25 have no problem finding a date...

While the guys who say that shit do.

• I do not believe this at all, men date who ever they want. Girls are always getting hit on no matter what age as long as you're pretty and the man is interested. I'm 25 lol 😔