What was this guys deal?

I am no longer seeing him, but his behaviour bothers me. We went on dates but we weren't in a relationship yet. He was going out with other women, and I still go out with other guys. We haven't known each that long, less than two months.

He started getting jealous that I had dates with other guys. I asked if he just wanted us to date each other and not other people. He said that he's not ready to settle down yet. He is still getting to know me and other girls.

Last night he blew up on me because he saw me on Tinder. If he saw me on Tinder he obvious uses it as well. I told him we both agreed that we weren't in a relationship yet. So I have every right to date other men as well as him.

He told me it's okay for him to do it, but not me. I told him we were done then. I am just trying to understand this mindset.

Most Helpful Guy

• WOW really !!
    That in my opinion is the poster boy for controlling and manipulative behavior. You did well to cut this guy out of your life. You can put your mind at ease by telling yourself that his behavior would only worsen the longer the two of you hung out. His actions seem to be self serving. While he can do pretty much as he pleases you are to do as he says ( uhh not no , but ohh h€ll no ) men like that are why all men are stereo typed as controlling. Sorry hon he is a douch bag , and you saw through his BS. Good for you.

What Guys Said 1

• Some guys are shitty. They just do not deserve your time and patience. Leave him.

What Girls Said 3

• He's a douchenozzle. Good on you for ending it with him.

As for understanding his mindset? He obviously doesn't respect women as his equals. He believes that women exist for the pleasure of men - that women owe men their attention and affection, but are not owed the same in return. Why else would he expect that he can continue to date other women while expecting you to date only him?

In other words, he's a sexist ass hole.

• Some guys just wanna own the girl, i think its kind of abusive. He doesn't want you enough for a relationship yet does not want other guys to have you. He just want you to at the sidelines like a fall back girl

• I'm going through the same thing! I want to know as well!