Why is it being a good woman doesn't mean anything?

In every relationship I've been in I was loyal, doting, affectionate, praised the guy, and did everything I could to please the one I cared for. I never asked them for anything and even paid my own things and gave them freedom. I just wanted some attention in return but I couldn't even get that. I've since then refrained from relationships and have started working on how I go about things and have gained some respect for myself because I'm stronger after being hurt. It bothers me I see myself as an amazing person yet, I'm the only one that does. Where did I go wrong in this and what can I do to ensure I have an equal hand in my future relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• You know what is the reason? "loyal, doting, affectionate, praised the guy, and did everything I could to please the one I cared for. I never asked them for anything and even paid my own things and gave them freedom".. These lines of your's in inverted commas.. You are giving them everything they would ask for, then why will they come to you? Get the point? Be demanding.. very few people are faithful.. When you get the perfect partner for yourself, he'll love you for what you are and not for what you give to him.. So stay raw and stay happy :)

What Guys Said 4

• Always follow the ratio rule. The give-and-take should be equal. Never give him more than what he gives back to you.

• Perhaps you were too nice and the guys took advantage of you.

• Be yourself. Relationships are give and take not give while he takes. What you have said is something that a lot of girls and women do. They put the man first. Not a good idea. You need to make sure your needs are met as well as his. He shares an equal responsibility to make sure you are happy. If you continue putting him first you will lose yourself and never be happy. Keep in mind, he should be deserving of you and what you do, Dont do something to keep him do something because you want to.

• Means something to me.

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds to me like you allowed yourself to be a doormat. By all means, as a girlfriend you SHOULD be affectionate and caring towards your man, and treat him well and respect him and listen to him.. BUT you should expect all those same things in return.

People can sense these things about others - you can tell when someone is the type you can push over. I'd suggest you take some time off from dating to be with yourself - treat yourself how you want men to treat you and work on developing a healthy self-esteem. Only when you're at the point where you tell yourself, and mean it, that you deserve to be shown love and affection should you begin dating again.

• You wasted your time with the wrong guys, that's all. Being a good woman goes a long way with guys who appreciate it.

• I'd say that the guys you kooked up with were less than keepers, either they were too easy or you gave too much too soon.
    Hold a part of you back, don't go into full giver mode until you have a title & he is as giving as you wish to be.