Do you remember your first heartbreak?

I am just very interested in hearing all about it. I never thought it was a real thing or how much it hurt until now. I guess I'll probably tell you my story. So I met this guy in 8th grade during finals. I thought he was kind of cute but didn't think too much about it. Then this year, I saw him again in my health class and he said hi to me and remembered my name which I thought was really sweet and we started talking. We got pretty close up until right before winter break. Someone had told me that he told them he liked me a lot. And he kept saying he was going to ask me out. Well I was in a group convo on kik with him and another friend and I thought he left the conversation and I said something about it and he thought I was teasing him. He got mad and left and we didn't talk for a while. I would text him almost daily apologizing and everything and one day I couldn't hold it in anymore and I practiclly poured my heart out to him saying how I liked him and I didn't know what was going on but I always felt a connection with him. He looked at me in a way I had never been looked at before and he talked to me like I was his princess and I knew it was stupid to fall for him but I remember feeling that stupid love feeling grow and grow and I was so scared but I convinced myself that he wouldn't hurt me. Well he never said he liked me back at all even after I admitted it to him and we barely talked afterwards. But he started flirting again and being super sweet and giving me special attention and I fell even harder. Well anyways now we talk but not as much and not as freely and I am still crying over this because he was my world and I really loved him and still do. I'm not even mad at him and he is still so important to me and I would do anything for him but it really hurts knowing he won't ever feel the same way. Sorry this was so long but please tell me all about your first heartbreak!! I am really interested in hearing your stories!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I was your age when I thought I experienced it.. I was sure I'd never feel the same about another guy. Then 3 years later I met another guy, and that heartbreak was far worse than what I felt the first time around. He kept leaving me for other girls and then coming back when he was lonely. We finally reached a point of friendship after years of back and forth. It's hard but it does get easier. Remember that you will meet an amazing guy who will make you feel so much better/you won't even care about this one... itshard to imagine now but you get to that point :)

What Guys Said 1

• be glad you're experiencing this early in high school rather than later in life like I did
    this is good experience for the future, you will get over it
    now go grab a bucket of ice cream

What Girls Said 1

• My first heartbreak? Man, i started liking a guy my 7th grade year in middle school. I liked him for two almost three years, he was a shy dude, & i was the one to always make the first move. Which I didn't mind, long story short, he managed to get my # & he called me a lot- but the thing was I didn't get any of the calls, & he got really really mad, which I wasn't expecting. & i can tell he is a very impatient person, & he totally insulted me & called me 'weak' because I didn't do something he requested. & by the way, this kid, was pretty dirty minded & impatient & very rude, & tbh i loathe guys who disrespect women, even girls. & its a huge turn off for me when a guy disrespects a girl. My heart break was that I expected so much of him even waiting for almost 3yrs & what do i get in return? An douche, & that broke my heart in two- may not seem like a big deal, but in my mind & perspective it was- there's my story