Who should pay on a date, the girl or guy? Or split it?

I never know what to do lol. When I'm dating a new guy I don't want to seem like I'm using him for his money by letting him pay at a restaurant but it feels so awkward when I offer to pay for my half of the bill lol. Also at a restaurant you then have to ask them to split the bill which is also embarrassing. I personally just let him pay on a first date but after that I feel like I should contribute.

What do you think? Who should pay and if you think the girl should contribute how does she offer in a way that is not so embarrassing lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should pay for your own. The age of guys paying for your stuff is over. Letting him pay shows that though you may want equality, you are quite happy to take advantage of you can. Guys are starting to resent paying for girls because of this and because too many girls have gladly accepted a date for a free meal and entertainment, but are not really interested in the guy.
    Welcome to the modern world- time for girls to carry their weight.

What Guys Said 2

• The one who does the asking should.

• If its a first date a guy should pay for the meal, but its a serious relationship it would be nice for a girls to pay for her own meals

What Girls Said 1

• I let a guy pay on the first date because society says so. Typically is pay for either the activity or dinner for the second date. After that, we're splitting. If it's a forever relationship, doesn't hurt to pay.