How soon is too soon to get into a new relationship after you broke up?

I guess I'm still irritated because my ex bf is dating someone else less than two months after he said he wanted us back together. Or it is already long enough? :/

Most Helpful Guy

• It's however long you need, weeks or months, you can't really put a time on that sort of thing, some people jump into another relationship straight away, one guy I know it took just a couple of days and he was going out with sombody else.. it doesn't mean they have stopped caring for their ex, it's just they can't handle being alone, dont want to think about what caused the relationship to fail and think they will be happier if they have somebody/anybody else. these people generally are the reasons why the relationship fails in the first place, i have personally come across quiet a few of these people and they are not worth the time, it will always end in tears.

• Agreed. Ever heard of a long lasting rebound?

• As hard as it may be i would not wait for their relationship to end, i know it's hard to cut ties with sombody you really cared for and takes a real long time to fully get over them, there must of been some big reasons for why you split up and somtimes its just best for you to move on like he has, it doesn't seem right but you will feel better for it, remember he hasn't considered your feelings about any of this

• I know. Thanks.

What Guys Said 4

• I tend to wait a few months b

• if you're still cool with the ex I'd say at least a few months so it doesn't get too awkward. if not its whenever they want

• I'm actually in the same boat as you are

• It's super unfair, for everybody. everybody should take a break really but they never learn

• Mine told me he has learnt to take some time off since the last couple of years, but suddenly he emailed me telling he has a new gf. Is why I asked whether 2-3 months is still too soon or not.

• I prefer to wait few months if you still have feelings for him is not a good idea to date

• Oh, I'm waiting. It's just.. I don't know.. I guess I feel a little betrayed because he has replaced me so quickly and easily, after all the seriousness he has shown/said when we were together. Maybe betrayed isn't a good choice of word though.

• 1 day after is too soon.

What Girls Said 1

• depends on the brake up, and when he lost feelings, if he has lost them already, he could just be with a girl for a rebound , if you guys were in a serious relationship then 2 months with a new partner is too soon,

• Well, a few weeks prior to our break up he was distant and easily angry. He did (does?) have a problem with life and was overwhelmed though. Before that I'm absolutely sure that he was serious with me.

• I've sent it. Saying I realise I did come across as sarcastic and apologise, etc. Definitely not mentioning anything about starting over. I guess deep in my heart, I'm still kinda possesive about him (not in the overcontrolling way), but I also doubted our chance so I won't mention getting back together right away. don't know if/when he'll ever reply though. Thanks for your advice.

• that's good :D, its good you didn't mention anything about getting back together , and although deep inside you want to it's better not to hurt him or his new relationship, you did the right thing :) if you ever have any other questions or need some one to talk to feel free to message me , good luck :)