Crush still likes his ex! Any advice?

So I have a guy friend that I'm really close with. He's one of my best friends and one of the only people I talk to and so I ended up with a huge crush on him. Surprise surprise, but his last relationship ended abruptly because she broke up with him to go out with someone else. He's not over her because he flirts with her all the time even though she has a boyfriend and she doesn't care. I don't know if I should get some space from him because it hurts to see them flirting even though she has a boyfriend and knowing he isn't over her. He knows I like him too but we're still really good friends. I can't just stop talking to him altogether. I just have no clue what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry, it sucks to have to watch your love intrest pay attention to someone else, who is clearly no good for them. I've been in this situation many times, but it was mainly because I said nothing. I've always been one to just let things play out.

You on the other hand, have a benefit to all of this craziness: he knows you lIke him! Which is wonderful, because, obviously, should she begin dating or having an affair with him, ypu already know how it's going to end. She left him once, she will crush him again.

Guys only desire the positive consolation of female friends, not other dudes (though we like our guy friends to know who was terrible to who.)

All of this means that when that relationship goes to hell, you'll be there to console him on a deeper emotional level than any of his friends. That would be a great time to make a move, because if he only sees you as a friend right now, chances are the consolation needs to be an intimate one. Not sexually intimate, but just a real strong bonding time for the two of you.

So sit back and enjoy the show for a bit. Because if you run away because it hurts to watch, you may miss your opportunity. Show him the type of girl he deserves.

Good luck

What Guys Said 2

• Its up to you, girl. Make him forget her, show him that you want him.

• He's your crush, not your boyfriend

What Girls Said 0