Straight white girls, how would your parents react to you bringing a Black guy home as opposed to a Mexican guy or other races?

You introduce your parents to a boyfriend and he's not white, how do they react?

This could be based on a true story or how you THINK they might react.

Also, not meaning for this to seem like a racist question. I just was genuinely curious.

• My parents would freak out.
    31% (4)40% (2)33% (6)Vote
  • My parents are accepting of different cultures.
    54% (7)40% (2)50% (9)Vote
  • My parents couldn't care less of who I dated or what I did.
    15% (2)20% (1)17% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
7|2

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents are Turkish and sometimes I can't believe what they are saying and how can they generalize people for their races! Its ironic cuz they also hate Turkish people... My mom always like: "Go and find an American guy from college to marry!" She would be freaked out If I dated with a black or latino guy probably. Especially my dad... Gosh! He would kill me. They dont have any problem with religion but they would probably reject me if I had an interracial relationship unless it was a "white USA citizen guy"

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• As long as he can look my father in the eye, shake his hand, and call him "Sir," it doesn't matter his race.

2|0
    0|0
  • They're expecting me to bring home a guy outside my race haha

0|0
    0|0
  • My mom has a thing for black men, so she would be eyeballing him all day. Embarrassing me is also her thing.

1|0
    1|0
  • I've only ever brought home one guy (a Nepali) and my dad and I aren't close so he didn't tell me what he thought, but my mum is respectful of any culture and would never judge a guy on his skin colour or race.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm not exactly straight but my parents always told me that they'd disown me. honestly i'd do it anyway though

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm black but my mom, I don't know about dad but he'all probably be accepting of it to, doesn't care. She asked me and I told her yes and she seemed chill about it. I also like Mexican guys.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I've known a few Asian girls whose parents would definitely disown them if they brought home a black guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • no one cares

0|0
    0|0