Are all guys over 24 damaged?

I keep meeting all these damaged guys who are just fed up with emotions and commitment because of past break ups. Are all the other guys taken by 24?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'M ABOUT TO TURN 24 AND I'M SO SCARED WUZZ DA FUKK

What Guys Said 16

• I notice this about the girls I meet as well. They're constantly bitter over some ex. They hate affection, but want commitment yet complain that guys just want sex and say they were used and so on. It is really odd.

I have had relationship problems with girls but it is all in the past. However just from the casual dating alone I found that I'd constantly end up on dates with screwed up girls. These girls seem to want everything without any effort and want to be special at the same time just for being a girl. I got tired of going on these dates and now just hook up. I'm sure there could be a girl out there I could settle down with but the chance of finding one are rare. I'm surrounded by drunks, single moms, potheads and they think they're entitled to a "good man" who they'd just drag down to their level should a good man date them.

• You're probably right, it must have something to do with girls as well (myself included). I just want to fix it, but I can't obviously fix anyone but myself and I have no idea what to do.

• Those guys need to fix themselves honestly. It is far better to go for a guy who is already well then to try to fix one. I read posts constantly of girls trying to and they just get used for sex. It is also why guys whine about girls going for jerks when they say they want a nice guy.

• I'm not trying to fix them, that's their job to fix themselves

• I don't think so, and I hope I am not. But being fed up with emotions and commitment, some guys after MANY bad experiences develop a knee jerk reaction to commitment because of bad experiences, just as some older women are jaded so are some older men. Keep in mind even the ones taken by 24 are more likely to become divorced later in life (people who marry young have a really high divorce rate!) May become jaded or damaged after a bad divorce. Not saying all guys or even all women are like this but is seems that far too many are today.

I know many guys that are actually looking for a commitment, but find women who won't even entertain the idea out of jadedness :(

• I think a higher proportion of people are carrying baggage from past relationships as they age.

For men this often manifests as opting to just sleep around.

• Again I have to ask.
    Where the fuck are people finding all these broken souls?

Where do they live?
    The purgatory orsomething?

• They are all over. Non of them seem broken until I actually have a deep conversation with the guy. On the surface they are all happy guys with good jobs and good friends.

• How else am I supposed to get to know someone?

• *shrugs
      When you have that figured out please tell me.
      Just gotta need to look for more qualities that is described by
      "So and so is..."
      instead of
      "So and so have..."
      That's what I'm trying to do.

• Yup, all of us. It happens on our 24th birthday. We just turn to shit and wanna bang everything in sight. Ten years of this and then we spontaneously burst into flames.

• I didn't mean it like that, but that's all I seem to meet

• Bad life experiences cling to us like mud. The older you get, the muddier you get. Everyone accumulates baggage. It's inevitable. You'll find more guys with baggage. Its just a matter of how much baggage you can put up with.

• I am indeed damaged. Problem?

• Not until I have a deep conversation and have to see just how damaged you are

• I am beat down now do you want me?

• I just turned 24... don't think I'm too "broken" and all the cracks I have... are covered in plasters and duct tape o_O

• Of course you're going to find damage men, All we want to be is loved,
    Loved.. Or Drunk, lol..

nope, definitely loved, Like..
    We spend more than half our lives, searching for someone to just be with, to have fun with, maybe more maybe a little less, depends on the couple , right?

It's difficult when life just wants to kill you, since, everything or rather, everyone fun is just going to kill you, unintentionally of course...

.. Some may be intentional.

• nah we justifiably don't trust women though

• Don't forget about guys who have been rejected by women their whole lives.

• Yup just guy trash over that age... Might as well become a nun now!

• I wish i did want to become a nun, but unfortunately I don't

• At this moment I would honestly like to become a nun just to get away from guys, except for one reason lol. And also that it isn't the right reason to be a nun. All the guys I meet seem damaged, one looked like he had lost his soul, he was otherwise decent so I guess not. But either way I'm just sick of getting to know a guy only to realise he's "damaged"

• Everyone has to carry his burden... If you mean that. Not everybody is crazy or mentally I'll or what ever you refer to, when you say "damaged".

• Oh no! I have only 4 years left! What should I do :( ?

• no I think guys usually get better when they're older

• A guy gets sick of women's shit after a while. Combine our personal experiences with watching our dads get divorced and lose his money and his house, you start getting skeptical if a woman can actually bring any value into your life. Pump and dump, only interaction with women that makes sense.

• Men are not as idealistic in general. And relationships are not quite as important to the male pshyce.(note I said not quite as important). This is why I think women continue to keep faith in love.

Also biologically the relationship seems to be more important to the female mating strategy

What Girls Said 4

• Most people by 24 have experienced at least one bad break up. How they let that dictate the rest of their life depends on if they're a wuss or not.

• YES! they're all fucking nuts.

• OF COURSE... NOT.

• Geez, I'm dating a 27 who is super bitter with women. He's trying so hard but it's like a constant battle within him. I can see how that would make sense though. We're all happy and naive when we're younger and dating. Then we get hurt over and over again and change. But man it sucks being on the receiving end of all that bitterness I tell ya. Good luck and try to be good to him