Women do you really want to "sleep around" before you find a man, or if you met a man you were into would you want a serious ltr?

I know the stereotype that all women want to find a man and settle down, but since high school I have noticed many women say no to a serious relationship because they don't want to be tied down? Is this a culture wide thing or just in my neck of the woods?

• Yes we don't want to be tied down
  • No, some women are like that but you just know too many of the ones that are.
  • Guys who wanna know
Do you think that when women say they don't want to be tied down they typically mean that there is zero chance of a real relationship, or they just want a guy to sweep them off their feet to get it?
Women do you feel its mostly that many women who say this just aren't looking and want to be romanced?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sleeping around is gross to me. If I was single, I wouldn't ever want anything except something serious. We live in such a hookup culture now that lots of people think it's weird to not sleep around.

• I know, and it is glorified to the point of disgust! I have always loved having a girlfriend, despite the glorification of the hookup culture.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't want to sleep around. That being said I don't want the man I'm with to have slept around either.

• Like men, we want different things at different stages of our lives. Some people want to find the love of their life immediately and be done with it.. some people want to spend their younger years living free and a little wild.. I think most people are somewhere in between.

When a woman tells you she doesn't want to be tied down it's one of two reasons: One, she just doesn't want to date YOU and is being nice; or , two, she really doesn't want a relationship at this point in her life (or ever - some people are like that).

• Right now, I don't want a relationship for personal reasons but my goal intention isn't to sleep around. If the time comes and I'm up for it, then sure I'd do it but it's not my main goal and I'm not in constant search for it. I also don't feel tied down in relationships so it's not a way to escape from it or anything. It would be nice to find the one. Most girls around where I live are in serious relationships, then there's the odd girl who's clearly been hurt a lot who sleeps around and is viewed as a slut.

• So for you it more of a "If a man sweeps me off my feet" you would say yes to a relationship?

• Possibly, it depends on when he came along. It it was tomorrow, then no. If it was in about 6 months, then possibly. I wouldn't rush into it, I'd ask myself if I was ready for another potential heart break.

• I wanna settle down and get married to my boyfriend after college so no not all girls are like that

• I agree with Prettgurl12. I kinda grew out of sleeping around and hooking up phase after my last breakup. If I say I don't get attached I'd be lying. I try not to put myself in those situations and just use my vibrator for the time being. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sex. I can't help but think about how my crush would eat me out and finger me at the same time then slide is big... OOPS there I go again!

I have had opportunities but I just don't feel like dealing with the attachment, jealousy, anxiety if they are sleeping with others and catching an STD. If I fall into a relationship, I'd prefer a guy who doesn't purposefully seek sex but has a similar level of sexual energy.

• So do you think that when women say they don't want to be tied down they typically mean that there is zero chance of a real relationship, or they want a guy to sweep them off their feet to get it?

• It could mean one or several things depending on the woman. Maybe they don't want a relationship with that particular guy, they want to keep their options open, their waiting for Mr. Right, or they don't really want a relationship with anyone at all (maybe their life is too busy and they are prioritizing). Maybe there is a trait about the guy that is a dealbreaker (like for me it would be babymama drama or he has a history of beating women)

• I don't know. I can see how it would be fun but I would rather stability. I wouldn't do that but maybe that's just me.

• I'm a serious commitaphobe but I still don't want to sleep around. When I find a guy I'm com

• Who do guys want to "sleep around"?

• Come again?

• I'm flipping your question around. I want to know your answer

• you mean "*why* do guys want to sleep around?"

• I never wanted to sleep around. I'd be completely fine just sleeping with one all my life
    But ya I do sometimes feel I miss out, especially when I go out with friends and they hook up with guys and even though it's not serious they have someone to be with for a few weeks, while dating for me is rather hard

• Yea but I find after those few weeks you feel like even worse shit than when you started it, maybe its just me though.

• well I don't know I'm still a virgin but my friends seem fine

• I personally don't want anything serious but that's me, I know a lot more who do than don't. Sleeping with a lot of men isn't really my aim though. Sure if I come across a guy who I find sexually attractive and think he is a decent enough guy then I may have a friends with benefits kind of relationship with him since I prefer to just sleep with one instead of many. I just pass on the romantic relationship part because I feel as though I need to get myself and my life inorder before I bring someone into it. If I really liked the guy and developed feelings for him and him for me then I would probably be more willing to bring him into my life as an romantic partner.

• Very insightful thank you.

Just to clarify when you say a lot more who do than don't you mean who want a ltr than don't want one?

• Yeah, most women I know want something more than just sex. xD

What Guys Said 2

• it all depends on the person. I used to have a friend who thought it was normal for a girl to have a slutty phase in college she once said " i'de do it with pretty much anyone who asked"... certainly not all girls are like this but they are out there

• I haven't slept around and I hope the woman I marry will not have done so either. At my age I often have to wonder how many are left... our society today almost stigmatizes virginity as though it were an STD.

• Yea, I think it is called "hookup culture" where meaningful relationships are demonised as boring, or a prison, or a trap. I never found that to be true at all! Guess I just haven't found a woman who agrees with me :(