I met a guy who is really nice but I'm not interested. I gave him my number cos I felt bad not to. He texted me should I respond?

I don't want to hurt his feelings by saying I'm not interested or ignoring him but I don't wanna lead him on either.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're too old to be playing games with men. That's exactly what this is. If you weren't interested you should have said so, or said you already had someone else in mind. It's that simple.

Now you fucked up. You led him on. The rude thing to do would be NOT to respond. If it were me on the other end I would appreciate you being frank with me. Trust me, men are stronger than you think.

A little rejection isn't going to kill us. It's the manner in which you do it, you don't have to be a bitch about it... as in: Look us up and down with a disgusted look on your face whilst saying, "as if!!!" Now THAT is really shitty.

• First of all your age has absolutely nothing to do with this! We all need advice concerning this topic, some of us are "professionals" at letting guys down and some of us are not.
      Its a hard topic because of course you're not going to humiliate him by disgustingly rejecting him! You're just projecting your own feelings of rejection if this were to happen to you, its very normal and different for all of us.
      You're a polite and sensitive woman and the best thing to do in this situation is to reply to his text and say "thanks, but no thanks" ( word it how ever you see fit)
      Hope that help, good luck out there! Cheers!

What Guys Said 4

• Say this:
    "I'm sorry I know I gave you my number and all, but I'm not interested."

From that point on, you're free to not have to contact him again. If you simply ignore or don't respond, not only do you hurt him more than you ever intended, but he could very well hate you. One time a girl did that to me, and yes I hate her to this day.

• FIrst of all in the future make sure he knows you are not interested before giving your number out. As for ignoring or leading him on in the long run it WILL hurt him more than a simple rejection now. Just be firm, not cruel or bitchy, it will not be fun, but it beats being ignored or led on.

• If you aren't interested then don't give him your number...

• Sorry, but you have to hurt his feelings if you're simply just not interested in him. You made it worse by giving him your number.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't be that guy, leading him on with no intention to actually sell.. Tell him straight up you aren't interested in him and let him move on. He's not porcelain and he isn't going to break. You're old enough to have had the same thing happen to you at least once in your life and I bet it made you feel pretty shitty didn't it? I think it will be okay if you don't pay this one forward.

• yoy don't have to text him often, you can text back hours later ' oh hey what's up sorry I was busy' even if you're not just make it seem as if school or work is taking up a lot of your time (which is the reason you can't text back hours on end) and eventually stop replying

• Yea that's probably one of the worst things you can do.

• and why is that? she gave him her number already what's done is done now she's asking to get rid of him in a nice way, say you're too busy, he'll get the picture

• Because you fucked up by not being honest in the first place, and now you don't even want to take the brunt for it. A simple "I'm sorry, you just aren't my type, I have someone else in mind" is better than leaving us hanging but putting out a few texts then just not responding. Nothing is worst than waiting for that text message back for hours, recieving it (FINALLY!), getting an excuse (Oh yay she's not uninterested! She was just busy), and then not getting a reply back eventually one day so that you now feel like an idiot.

• You are motivated by guilt. Your intentions are not genuine. So don't answer his text.