Why do I try to find excuses not to see him?

So there is this guy and I really like him, but im trying to find excuses not to spend time with him and i dont know whY. I dont know if it because im not ready to date anyone or if I just don't want to date him. He is really sweet and i told him I would always be honest with him but how do I tell him I dont know why I don't want to spend time with him. I can't just be like i dont want to date you.

Most Helpful Guy

• It can any of the above I know it's not much help. It could just because you're are afraid of what's different a new relationship with someone. You don't want to hart him or you if it goes tits up and not work out.
    Start of by going on a few mate dates first see how that goes.

• You are right. I am a little scared of starting something new and i dont want to hurt anyone or be hurt. We have been on a few dates but now I feel im finding excuses not to see him. And they are not even good excuses.

• Thank you for most helpful

• You are welcome

What Guys Said 3

• What if you just met for a coffee? It's just something casual. Then during the coffee if alls going well, say something like ' I like you I hope we can be good friends' .
    That way he doesn't think you may not be ready for dating/dating him. And it's a gentle "let down" without saying I don't want to date you.

• just tell to wait up and tell him your buzy and pre-occupied with life or whatever. Any man who has respect would honestly wait for you if he truly liked you. Guys who rush things are guys who are reckless. Guys who take time are a dime and you rarely see men with any patience these says so tell him you need a little bit of space and if he can hold back and respect that then good if not then you would really need to assess things depending on his comeback, good luck though :)

• I think you just want to be friend with him. Or maybe you just want to f*** with him once but you are not sure about it :)

What Girls Said 1

• I do the same thing most of the time I'm nervous and I'm bad at socializing and feel like I'll mess things up