Women, what do you think of men who won't marry to protect his assets and freedom? to avoid the mandatory service that comes with marriage>?

more men are refraining from marriage for times have changed and its seen as not worth it for men to marry anymore... so they say

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• a marriage shouldn't be a chore, or a mandatory service, it should be 2 people in love and wanting to get married, you have the same freedom if you are in a relationship or married, by freedom, you must mean doing things your partner wouldn't accept, like being with other partners. if a person wants to do things they shouldn't then they shouldn't be in that relationship. maybe less men are getting married, because less women are getting married because they see no point in it, or money issues etc

• lol, do you know the burden of supporting a wife and kids? its way beyond childbreaing pain because its set out over decades...

turn the tables around. women would start groups to support this "non sense" lol

• the society and the media doesn't help marriages at all with their unreal marketing stategies expecting couples to live in a bubble... the world is messed and risk is higher

• when you marry someone there are no risks, make sure you know who that person is, marriage has significance, some use it as validation, and thats wrong, someone should never get married to say to others "that man/woman is mine" basically. people nowadays get married less because they see it as a piece of paper, they are happy, with their partner and they dont want to change anything, some people get married because its easier with a few issues, like medical decisions, lawyer things, bank problems.

• That's understandable. That's why there are prenuptial agreements so he won't have to be worried. If I was going to get married to a guy and we ended up getting a divorce? I would make sure that there is a prenuptial stating that what's mine is mine and what's his is his. No getting half of his things or him getting half of mine.

• thank you for having understanding beyond your bubble and knowin the times for us men.

i plan on being well off and if i m the one brining all the goodies, she better sign the preup.

• I'm not going to marry him. I won't date him. Doesn't affect me.

• you won't know any of this.

• Yes and yes. The second not being the reason for the choice to remain abstinent.

• the second is the reason why i won't have casual sex or pursue them just for sex... i dont think i can stay abstinent in a relationship though.

• I don't judge them, wouldn't date one though. There is no "mandatory service" in my idea of marriage, nor taking anyone's freedom or assets (unless "freedom and assets" translate to "freedom to sleep around and come home with STDs").

• so you dont think a man has a job in his traditional role?

• you can make it to be a myth but half of people divorce and i grew up hearing and watching this shit go down... my friends dad is a contractor... was very very successful and when he got devorced, she took the house and now his never the same.

• Because they had dual ownership. If you buy it alone, you don't pass the rights to the wife. My uncle got divorced from his she-wolf of a wife, but since he bought his house himself and never shared the ownership with her, she could suck a cock. She had NO claims. In a trusting married couple, only one partner having the ownership is not a big deal, because they both live in the house anyway and trust each other. But once they get divorced, the smart guy who kept it to himself is now basically secure.

I can understand some reasons for not getting married, but being afraid that someone will steal your stuff is a reason of a legally illiterate manchild.

• Prenup.. If I ever remarried at my age to a man who had a lot of assets I would expect a prenup protecting what he earned before me so should anything happen i only have rights to things earned by us jointly.

• that they're paranoid, stupid and unreasonable

• whne it comes to abuse, society is lenient on women. have you seen a man who lost his house and emotional health because of a pissed off women?

what do you think of pren ups? you may not know, but there are women out there who considers a mans assets before jumping into a marriage and yes, she knows about what shell get if things go sour.

• no i dont think she's not contributing nothing to the relationship staying at home with the kids. its what i want and what i think is best for the kids. hmm... hold on, i think her education and choice of career mattters more than her staying home to take care of the kids to make a high salary? lol

i just know marrying someone from the same class would be less of a headache...

• In fact most couples do marry within a certain income range. Which is completely irrelevant for the question once she stays at home because the implication for her career and future are just the same. i don't know what you mean by her education matters more?

So what you're saying is, you want your wife to give up her career, raise your children, while you get to advance your career and in case of a divorce she deserves nothing because she didn't have an income all those years? That's in fact the attitude a lot of guys have, which one of the main reasons I don't think I'll ever stay at home and if I do then only if there is a good prenup that handles this. But really I don't see your logic in thinking she doesn't get anything, especially since your complaining that men get screwed over in divorce?

• I can't be mad at someone for having self-preservation. Its really ugly out in the world and most people are waiting for a moment to take advantage of you. You have to do what you have to do to survive. But choosing not to marry isn't the only way to protect your assets as there are prenuptial agreements. The only thing is make sure women who you are dating are aware of it from the beginning. Its also not fair for men to take advantage of women. Yes I could date such a guy if he is a good person because I am indifferent about marriage (though these types I find are generally no good for relationships of any kind for some reason so I tend to stay far away).

• You forget women are in the same boat. I say good.

• that makes sense for me as a girl I wouldn't wanna get married because a marriage and a reletionship would be stressful for me that's why I prefer to be single and as of now I started to get in to being frieandswithbenifits with a guy and i seem to like the frieandswithbenifits thing because I don't have to go throu the drama of a reletionship

• I don't think I want marriage to protect my emotional freedom and mental assets.

I understand that this protective mentality is usually rooted in fear and perhaps some anger that life is not controllable.

Maybe we will end up safe, but lonely. Maybe we just need companionship less than others. Maybe it doesn't even matter in the end. Maybe such peo

A man ranting and raving along with his avoidance of marriage probably had emotional wounds to heal though.

• *maybe such people have a different calling, that was supposed to say.

I don't judge anyone's choices so long as they are not cruel to others. I am learning, though, that negativity is not fruitful for the world or the negative thinker.

What Guys Said 2

• personally i don't ant to marry since i wanna remain single :-P

• They probably think a man who is worried about his assets is an ass :/

• women seem to manipulate and attached negativity to a man doing whats good for him. they only give love and approval when a man has an attitude of being controlled easily... when its his life

• Awww :( Be sure not to miss the new info on castration conspiracy, though. Heard that all women have started reading Freud and now want to castrate all the little boys.

• no conspiracy. its the extremists. they say its about equality but its not. which messes up the balance and considering the composition of type of men in society, it can cause problems.

we live in strange times in history