Would you date an atheist?

Christian GAGers, would you date an atheist?

• Would date an atheist
    57% (8)64% (7)60% (15)Vote
  • Would not date an atheist
    43% (6)36% (4)40% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Likely not, historically (although a short history) new atheism doesn't have a good track record of self criticism and intellectual inquiry within its own belief beyond a "I lack a belief" so I don't think there would be any grounding for a rational debate to discuss it.

I might date an agnostic but not an atheist

0|0
    2|1

What Girls Said 4

• Well if they're not the type to shove their beliefs right in my face. And if they still celebrate Christmas and all of those holidays, then yes I would.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as he respected my religion and understood that I would be going to church, but I wouldn't force him to come with me. We are supposed to love everyone and not judge people. So it wouldn't be an issue for me. I would prefer to date someone who is Christian, but if I started talking to someone and later found out they weren't I wouldn't break it off.
    I don't think it would work out in the long run, but I would be open to try.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the only people who wouldn't are people who are deeply religious.

0|0
    0|0
  • The thing is would an atheist want to date a Christian? I wouldn't because Christianity pisses me off so much

1|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I'd rather date an agnostic person than someone who has their minds in the clouds, or at least clouded by ancient books.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • As an atheist, I highly doubt they would. Haha.

0|0
    0|0