I'm doing it on Tuesday, so advice would be good before then?

Okay. There is a girl in three of my classes at university; she's smiled at me once when I came into class and when I sneaked some peeks at her, she looked back a few times, and there was definitely no 'Who is this creep?' sort of thing.

So, I am going to try to get to know her, my next class with her is on Tuesday. The only problem is that literally the only thing I know of her is what she looks like.

My plan is to write her a note, explaining to her how I've noticed her and would love to get to know her better, then drop it on her desk as I walk by. This because I'm quite a shy guy.

Does this sound good or can you suggest something else?

Thanks for all the great advice!

Had a bombshell dropped on me when pointing her out to a friend today - she has a boyfriend, the very same guy who was dating a girl I was interested in a few years earlier!!

Most Helpful Girl

• my suggestion here, Arutha, being she has already Noticed you and she has Even------Smiled at me once... it might be much better if you just approached her and said "Hi" to her and began a small convo instead.
    She has seen you looking and lurking at her already and yes, has 'Looked back a few times.' However, with no contact just yet on your part, it might not be a good start to Just-----Drop it on her desk. You do not want her this time to really say to herself as she mulls it over: "Who is this creep?"
    I realize you are this shy guy. But the best way to begin your coy boy beguine would be to walk up to her and simply say "Hi," and ask how she is doing and how does she like... classes at university.
    See where this goes. If you start off being friendly and keep it lite and sweet, if she does really like you, she will in turn, follow suite and this is how it will... Begin.
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 2

• Don't write her a note - you're in university not grade school...

• As a girl, I would find it adorable if someone dropped a note on my desk asking to get to know me better. So yes, I think this is a good idea! And make sure to add a smile :)
    Hope it goes well!

What Guys Said 5

• She would think it was adorable. I doubt she'd ever thought that she'd be asked out through notes in her adult life. Go for it, OP.

If it doesn't work, then she's not interested enough to care about anyway.

• Damn. Then it seems you must find this "Neg-Arutha" and destroy him.

Just make sure not to touch him, though, or the whole universe might implode.

• I would just talk to her

• Not to bring you down or anything byt that sounds kind of childish. Try asking her in a more direct way. Good luck!

• Obviously you and her boyfriend have the same type. Maybe befriend her boyfriend and have him be your wingman.

• Ask her directly, just pretend you're the hottest guy ever. The note probably wouldn't work in college. Be upfront.