Why does she love me when she has better options?

This is going to be relatively long, so I aplogize. Right now, I am in an LDR (long distance relationship) with a girl across the country. We both love eachother very much and plan to meet in the future. Bottom line is, she's absolutely gorgeous. She is extremely beautiful and could get any guy she wanted. Me? I am relatively attractive I suppose. I have moderate acne and lots of leftover red marks. Those cannot be seen a whole lot in pictures I've shown her, though. I don't have a six pack, and I'm socially awkward and have no experience with girls whatsoever. My question is, why would she go after me when she can do a lot better? I am not complaining, I just wish I could see what she sees in me. I suppose I am insecure. I am afraid if she sees my acne or notices my awkwardness, she'll be less attracted. I don't feel good enough for her. I am a confident guy and all, I just feel too lucky. What do you think? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Please, don't talk to her about your insecurities because you will end up driving her away from you. And... don't ever ask her why does she love you. There is no "why".
    She may bring up all of your positive qualities, but even then your question will remain unanswered, since love is a very perplexing thing.

• Thank you very much. I guess I just needed encouragement. (:

• Don't think too low of yourself. I am sure she has her number of flaws as well. All of us have them.
      She appreciates you and she cherishes you and that's all that matters. Stop overthinking it and enjoy it.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't be so hard on yourself, the way you see yourself can be completely different than how another sees you. Perhaps you have qualities that other males around her don't, she likes you for a certain reason, so just take it as it is, just because someone can get anyone they "want" doesn't mean they want them. The most you can do is be appreciative, and don't let it psyche you out.

• You're right! Thank you for the encouraging words! I will try not to be so critical of myself.

• The guys who are socially popular are full of themselves.

What Guys Said 1

• i think you probably need to tell her that you wonder why she likes you. Perhaps tell her you have slight acne and can be awkward. See what she says. I suspect if she likes you the way you say, she isn't going to mind. It will help you feel better about things. And better abotu yourself. And if for some reason she moves on, then you know she wasn't what you thought anyway.

So yes what i am suggesting is a bit scary, but...

• Well, I don't want her to know I'm insecure because girls like confident guys. Your thoughts?

• Alright. I'll see if I can sum up the courage to do so. Thank you!

• You don't have to do it all at once. Just giving you some ideas... best wishes.