How do I hint enough to my bf for him to ask me to prom?

I do t want my bf to assume that we are going to prom together just bc we are dating. I am really hoping for the big prom ask that every girl dreams of but I don't know how to hint it to him... HELP!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok... First off he shouldn't have to ask because you two are dating and he's your boyfriend. I don't know anyone who has a boyfriend and didn't go to prom with their boyfriend. Second, maybe he will surprise you. Or maybe you two are going together he just hasn't said anything because he assumed you two would. And lastly, if prom gets any closer and you two haven't picked out any colors then ask him what colors you two should wear... if he says "i didn't know we were going together" then you should question your relationship with him.

What Guys Said 3

• It's pretty much inclined that you go to the prom with the person your dating, that being said if hints need to be dropped I guess subtly bring up the topic in conversation, look at dresses I guess really anything to get the idea into his head.

• Bring up prom casually, say something like "i can't waiiit for prom, gotta start shopping soon but dont know what color to go with" or something similar you might say. If he's smart he should know its a topic girls dont really bring up around guys,
    best of luck

• Why would he ask if the answer is obvious? That's pointless. Unless there's a chance you'd say no, there's no reason from his end to assume that he should ask. So you'd have to either mention it to him, or get over it. I think its kinda childish in my opinion that you expect him to ask, the fact that you get to go with him should be the exciting part.

What Girls Said 3

• He probably won't because since you guys are dating it is an assumption you will go together.

• Say something like, who do you think will ask me to prom first... then mention names do it playfully tho you wouldn't wanna piss him off or make him jealous, just joke around...

• Do you know any friends that received a huge prom invite?

• Ok then mention them to your bf. Say how big and extravagant it was and include how happy and excited they felt afterwards