Are people afraid to date black people and of so why?

Just a gee-wiz question. Are you or anyone you know afraid to date AA's. What are your reasons?

Most Helpful Guy

• The closest I've come to settling down was with a black girl.

I think a lot of folks aren't afraid, so much as they gravitate towards others who are like them. Humans being visually driven, more that means being different might leave you on the outside.

Think of it this way though. Would you really want to date someone who was so shallow they never looked outside their own ethnicity?

My selfish perspective says let em be idiots. More chocolate for me. :-)

What Girls Said 6

• I am not afraid, they are just not my preference in dating.

• Lol I'm black and yet was over here like "What is double A's? Batteries?" haha... I'd always put my race first. I like all kind of guys, but black guys will always be my number one type deep down inside regardless of what race I marry.

• AA's? what is it?

I don't know anyone who is :afraid:

• I'm white and I don't mind

• 0 race preference, 0 fears based on race!

• I don't mind the idea, though I think my family might get weird about it considering how awkward it was when they found out I'd had a crush on a black guy... But that's their problem. :P

My friend is too afraid to date black guys though. Again, a family thing. She's only allowed to date within her race, or her family gets really, really upset with her.

• but why, whats the big deal?

• For my friend? It's a cultural thing. She's from a pretty traditional Indian family, only allowed to date other Indians (usually the ones her parents set her up with). She nearly got disowned back in high school because her parents found out she'd been secretly dating a white guy.

What Guys Said 3

• The people who are afraid to date black Americans... in my opinion are that way because of familial pressure of being "cut off" or even disowned.

Yes, there are people that HATE the idea of African Americans in their family tree... that they will pressure their younger family members using these scare tactics.

P. S. I'm a black guy

• Not all man, one of the girls that I was closest to in high school was black. She was absolutely adorable, had the greatest personality and had the prettiest blue eyes. Nothing more than friendship ever happened between us, but that was because I was an idiot and couldn't read signals, not because I wasn't interested.

• blue eyes? contacts? was she fair skinned?

• Yea she's either mixed or just a lightskinned yellabone black girl

• I think that she's mixed. I feel bad but I honestly can't remember her parents at all though, so I can't say anything for certain. My memory is absolutely terrible, haha.

• I would have considered dating black women, but I'm hung below average for a white guy, so I'd be tiny for a black woman... :(