Why don't guys have the courtesy to respond when you try and talk to them?

Suppose there's a guy you would like to get to know (e. g. online dating, through friends, Facebook, instagram etc.), and you say hi to them or try and make a positive comment, why is it that very few of them have the courtesy to respond?
They can at least acknowledge it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems to be the same way with women tbh. Seems its most likely just the way a lot of people are today. They don't know how to talk to people. They just ignore everything as though it never happened. If they don't like you right then and there i find they dont respond.

What Guys Said 3

• Some guys might not have the time to respond, also some might have a girlfriend and dont want to respond because they dont want to get themselves into anything they can't get out of.

• I don't think this is gender specific, girls ignore me all the time. I just assume they're not interested and move on.

• I'm not sure how old you are but if you are In high school I would say men are very egotistical especially in high school; therefore by not saying hi back some guys would love to brag about how a girl wants her. Anyways who cares if someone doesn't say hi back, chances are, you wouldn't like him so just learn how to forget and move on and you'll eventually find someone you will like

What Girls Said 1

• Some may be busy and others may just not be interested but that's them, it sounds bad but that's what some people do instead of being up front.