Cooking dinner for a girl as a date or going to a nice restaurant?

Would you love it more if a guy cooked dinner for you for the first dinner date you have or would you think it'd be more romantic if they took you to a nice restaurant?

• Home cooked date. It shows they put effort a lot of thought and effort into it!
  • Nice restaurant, the food is guaranteed to be good!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it'd be a good experience for you to cook, it'd be fun for both of you to do together (and you might spill something and have a good laugh, etc) and the end product would be something either really good or simply memorable. Honestly, if this happened to me and a guy cooked our meal, I'd think it was the cutest thing ever and I'd admire the fact that he would step out of the typical date out thing. Even if things don't work out with that, it'd still make a great story, don't you think? :)

What Girls Said 2

• Home cooked meal, It would be nice to be with a guy who doesn't expect for me to fit into geneder roles, I'll do something for him in return of course

• Both is fine, but I'd prefer him cooking for me himself for the reason that you stated :)

What Guys Said 2

• I think it depends on how well you know them already. If it is someone you just met, I would never invite them back to mine as it may add pressure to the situation. Plus, girls may not feel safe with you yet, best to keep it all int he public.

But if you already know her well/have hung out before than a cooking night in may be the way to go.

• home cooked date, in fact cook dinner together, it is really fun trust me!

but if you are going for the gentlemen route, cook it for her and surprise her