Is it a good idea to pick up girls on Facebook?

I've been adding females on Facebook. I can't rely on OkCupid no more because the amount of girls that meet my criteria is almost non-existent. So far, some girls welcomed but some were bothered to be added by strangers. I just don't want to be seen as a pervert. How to approach them properly on Facebook and make them feel comfortable?

The first question is usually "Do you know me?", I respond "No, but we can start from today :)"

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Facebook is a place for people to show off, stalk or keep in contact with family and long-time friends.
    When a message pops up from a guy, it's either going to end in them asking for sex or a date and they are typically fuckboys or guys you friendzoned hardcore and pitty reply

• And we know what happens to stalkers, they get bitten...

• They usually always respond, i do because i dont want to be called a bitch, and you can get #'s off of there but for me its a big no. BUT you're not trying to impress me!

@B1gbadw01f you know exactly how it is lolol

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 1

• That's too creepy... I don't think you should.

What Guys Said 1

• Most people only add people they've actually met. There's no way around that. Use dating apps like a normal person. Also that first line sounds bad to me.