Would you consider this dating?

so the guy i realllly like he was going to take me out to eat, but instead we decided to hang out and just grab something and so we did. we talked for five hours alone to get to know each other better. then we watched a movie another time and he wrapped his arm around me. then another time we cuddled and held hands, played footsies... etc. he's meeting my parents this week and we are having a date i believe, if you consider watching a movie and everything a date and meeting my parents. so would you consider it dating? i believe so but what do you think.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea I would call it a date. Going on a date in my opinion isn't defined by going to a particular place or doing anything in particular , but more about spending the time together

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah definitely this is Dating.
    going out , talking about each other , watching movie , wrapping you in his arm is really a Date.

You def are Dating !!! :)

• thanks:) i just really like the guy, i think he is cautious though about taking it too far bc I don't know we cuddle and he grabbed my hand and interlocked his with mine and rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand. and played footsies lol.

• Girls hearing it would say - Awwwwww !!! :) Thats really romantic.. Really happy for you !!! :)

• I consider those things date material but I personally would never call it a date unless specified as such. in your scenario I would simply call it a really nice time.

• Meeting the parents? Ummm, isn't that usually saved for marriage...

• What did you talk about for 5 hours? I'd find it hard talking for an hour

• we talked about our likes. he asked about my family what they do for a living and what i want in my life and yeah pretty much our likes and interests. (we asked each other those questions)

• sounds like a hell of a lot of questions to go along for up to 5 hours. You must have a lot of likes

What Girls Said 3

• Dating like boyfriend/girlfriend dating? Too early to tell, but if he's meeting your parents you are on the right path.

• Everything you do with someone can be called a date as long if there is a mutual interest in each other. Going to the park, seeing a show, going to the cinema. As long as it is not someone who you are friends (and who you are not romantically interested in) it can be a date. I even once had a "train date" or "travel date" (meeting up in a train and travelling with each other towards our own destination). Reading about how you two are acting I can say for sure you are dating him.

Meeting the parents says he is committed to you.

• I'm in the same situation now. We go on dates. He pays for everything. Opens my car door. Makes me breakfast in bed. Anything I want he wants to make it happen. It's been 4 months and he was saying we're 'good friends' but we talk about our lives and share everything together. I've met his cousin and best friend (they all live together) and he's proud of me. He's not ashamed of me in public. So I'm unsure if we are dating or what. We haven't labeled it.

But your guy is meeting your parents. It's getting more serious. I would say you're dating. Meeting the parents is a relationship thing to do. So in my opinion I see that as a dating commitment. He's committed to you now for certain. If you weren't dating before, you are now..