Is being too busy for a relationship a legitimate reason?

This guy keeps having to cancel on me, it's happened twice last minute and he explained to me how his schedule keeps changing and kept making plans for another day which would then fall through too. He explained everything that is going on in his life and told me he's too busy for a relationship right now so he wanted to stay friends so we don't lost contact. He assured me he was interested but was just too busy.. was he just trying to be nice and let me down easy? We had a great time together and he texted me everyday and was the one who kept making the plans so I'm a little confused.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, being too busy for a relationship can suffice as a legitimate reason.
    Believe it or not, there are some people in this world who's daily lives and schedules are full of activities that truly require most or all of their undivided attention. Some people seem like they don't have a whole lot going on and they have large amounts of free time to just sit around and flirt or huge blocks of free time in their schedule to date and manifest most of their energy into being in a relationship. You have to accept that not everything is about you and from the sounds of it, he genuinely is living a busy life and does not have the mental space or time to be trying to have a relationship right now.

What Guys Said 1

• I think if he is busy as he claims that is a a good reason for him not wanting to be in a relationship. I think it depends if you believe his excuse or not? Or if you think he was just making it up. If it was me I would feel that he wasn't interested in nothing serious and maybe he was trying to be nice. But he did texted you. And he also cancel when making plans which shows either he was busy, maybe he is scared to commit, he could also be shy as well.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he might've been telling the truth, I can really see too busy as a legit excuse