Would you get you gf/bf initials or name tattooed on you?

Do you think its a great way to show commitment? or you'll "jinx" the relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• I know multiple people who have a significant others initials or name on them, all of them are no longer together. I wouldn't get my husbands name or initials because I think it's tacky. Matching tattoos are better, or maybe just a tattoo that reminds you of them.

I have the smallest matching tattoo with my husband, people always asked what if you break up, if we ever did I would always have a reminder of the man that changed my life and helped me become a better woman and was my first love. Plus, the reasoning behind the tattoo is cute in itself.

What Guys Said 55

• Fuck no! The only names I'd get tattoo'd on me are my parents and my children. They stay forever.

A girlfriend, or wife, can leave... and I'm stuck with a reminder of my ex on my body. Fuck that.

• I don't believe in tattoos. Even if she were the love of my life, I'm not defiling my skin with (possibly diseased) ink just to make a point of it.

Every character in my literature that has a tattoo winds up being viewed for having it as if they bore some sort of Scarlet Letter. (And a few of them actually deserve the stigma.)

• Even if I was married, I wouldn't do that. I see it as a form of entrapment.
    Besides getting a tattoo is not going to prove my love any differently.

• depends how well the relationship is going and how much confidence it has.

• nah... i don't like just 2 letters from an artistic point of view :-P

• Not a good idea unless your for sure the relationship is good

• Not for me and what if she left me then I have to take it off and it still shows a scar.

• i wouldn't but not because of worrying about a jinx. I just don't think it's all that smart. even marriages can end so of course so can bf/gf relationships. I think you can show you love, affection and dedication to each other in other ways

• No, never.

I know of a guy that did it and broke up lol walks around with her name on his arm. It screams clingy. LoL

• If we were in the relationship for a long time and started a family together then sure.

• I would not and I think it is a stupid idea. What will happen if they broke up a some time later after the tattoo was done?

• i wouldn't.

• It's a horrible idea. It'll just make it impossible to date for many if you two break up.

• All day... if they were the same initials as mine.

• heck no ! that´s the worst tattoo ever! what if we break up?

• I'm not inti tattoos anyway, so no. I think a committment ring is the farthest i would go. 😜

• Not unless it was my child perhaps.

• A tattoo is assinine anyway.
    it is beyond stupid to get someones name or initials permanently put on you.

• Oh hell no

• I dont think tattoo is like a proof that you love your partner and all that :)
    So no I would never get a tattoo of my gf's name or initial

• Bad idea and a jinx.

• What happens if her name is bobby-joe then you got BJ on your arm man... bad idea! hahaha

Just kidding... probably not a good idea... if you ever break-up then you got an ex gfs initials tattooed on your body. Try splainin that one to your new gf or bf?

• Nope. Only if i knew 100% she was the one.

• You don't jinx the relationship you pretty much put it on the edge of a cliff and it could fall over and die or can be saved. My parents almost split when they where dating because my dad got my mom's name over his heart her exact words "you're an idiot I should dump you right now why would you do that it's so stupid" so not a good idea at all or ever to get the significant other tattooed on you

• No. What if your name is Alexander Raphael Mavericksson. Then your gf would be walking around with the word, ARM on her shoulder and... Well, that could work out for her actually if you broke up.

• No cause if we broke up, I would have to remove it or cover it up.

• I t may seem "cute" but I wouldn't advise it...

• Nope, it's stupid.

• I would. Why do some people even imagine breaking up with their so? Lack of trust already. That's nowhere near my mind. I'd do it

• More from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 63

• No, I'd never do that.

• No, NEVER. That is one of the biggest mistakes you can get because what if your break up? It cost more to get rid of a tattoo and I heard it is more painful. I wouldn't even get a tattoo of bf's initials even if we were married.

• No way! That's pretty much a relationship killer. I don't want to be branded with his name on my body either.

• I love tattoos but I always though I'd never do it. I used to think it was stupid in case of a break up. Even now that I see my life with my boyfriend, it's still not appealing.

• It has nothing to do with jinxing.. but what'll u do if u break up some time? Think twice about it.. u don't wanna regret it, there are other ways to show ur commitment other than tattooing his name on u and showing the world

• Absolutely not. There's no guarantee that the relationship will be permanent. So if you do break up, which is likely, you'll have a permanent tattoo on you. Removing it more painful and expensive than the tattoo itself, it's also more time consuming. Getting a tattoo done over will also hurt more than the original tattoo and it's not always possible.

• Neither - I just think it's kind of dumb in general...

• Personally I never would because unfortunately people can change and someone you're madly in love with now may not be the same person in a few years time! I also have some friends who got their partners initials on them both couples have since broken up! One of my friends is now paying for it to be lazered off the other has had a cover up which is now just like random patterns! There are so many other ways to show someone how you feel! It doesn't have to be that permanent! And this is coming from someone who loves tattoos and has a lot of them!!

• Nope. Those tattoos aren't a good idea.

• No. Most relationships end in break up and I don't want to have that marking on my body afterwards. Also even the person you are dating might think you look better without a tattoo.

• For some months I've been wanting to get a tattoo with the initials of the 4 most important people and one of those happens to be her but it's not really because we're together. It's because of the impact she had in my life before being in a relationship and for how much she changed me. Being in a relationship has nothing to do with this tattoo but it's obviously something I can't ignore because I'm sure that if we break up, I'll still want the tattoo but you never know...

• No I wouldn't.
    Relationships aren't a guarentee forever. I think it's less stupid to get a child's name because regardless what happens, that child is always yours.

• I wouldn't get anyone's name tattooed on me ever

• Just ask urself if u think that the relating ship will last as long as ur skin will

• How long have you guys been dating?

• Neither. I would get his initials over my heart, but only because I know he's the only man for me.

• Fuck no relationships are like the weather if it gose to hell why would u want a constant reminder oh I dated that asshole plus I don't think your next partner is going to like seeing another Guys name on u but if u really want to get a tatto get one that's symbolized him without saying his name I. Your body

• If I had confidence that we would last then sure. And actually being in love for real. Not what I experienced with my ex though. I know time can tell that, I would need to learn how to actually tell what my heart says, and paying attention to qualities and any red flags. Time and my heart.

• I wouldn't. If you want to show commitment, give him/her the key to your house or just tell them you love them. If that doesn't work, meet each other's parents. But I wouldn't not get the tattoo because I'm afraid of jinxing it but because I don't believe in such things.

• Nope. However my bf and I got matching anchor tattoos because we met on a cruise. If we were to part ways I'd still have a tattoo that I like so I'm not worried.

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    NEVER GET SOMEONES NAME TATTED ON YOU ESPECIALLY IF ITS A GIRLFRIEND OR A BOYFRIEND BECAUSE BREAKUPS EXIST AND IF THEY DO BREAKUP WITH YOU , YOU WILL BE STUCK WITH THEIR NAME ON YOUR SKIN AS A PAINFUL REMINDER

• I would never... I'd be too scared if we broke up I'd be stuck with their name on me forever. I know someone who had her husband's name on her chest, then they split up so every morning she would take a sharpie and draw an X over it, which looked very stupid. Now they're back together and she's gotten the tattoo fixed up to look nice again... It just does not look good.

• No, the fact that they got together is the part that "does not look good". They split up for a reason, why would they get back together. I think they're confused

• Nope. I don't like tattoos in general. And his name is the same as my dad's anyway, which could get weird after a while if we ever break up...

• I don't think I would ever get anyone's initials or name tattooed on my body, no matter how happy I am in the relationship.

• Sure if I thought I would be with him for awhile obviously but not very big. It could always be covered later on, I don't see the big deal.

• God, people that do this are so stupid. Unless you've been married for like 25 years then this shouldn't even be a thought.

• I'd get a symbol when we're married, but not a name. It's bad luck!

• I wouldn't get my boyfriends name tattooed on me. Maybe whenever we are married for 20 years and started having children I would get his and their names inscribed on a feather tattoo.

• No, I don't want to do that... bad idea.

• If I was in a relationship that I really believed would last, then probably. It would be very small though, so if the relationship were to end I could get a tattoo over it

• More from Girls
    33