A guy who always takes forever to reply?

What does it mean when a guy takes 2-3 days to reply to a simple text? On one hand, he always responds even though I don't always just ask questions, but on the other hand, if he really liked me he would respond sooner than that, right? How should I interpret this?

I really hate to admit it but I think he's not interested. The thing that really bothers me is the fact that he does continue the conversation. Usually, if I haven't responded to a text in 48 hours, I assume that the window for responding is closed and I just move on, but he comes back to the text and responds much much later. That's the thing that's driving me crazy!

Most Helpful Guy

• he's either trying too hard to play it cool or he's not that interested.

what is really used more as an excuse but it has the potential to be legit... he could just be busy.

• Haha of course it's one of those two... He either likes me or doesn't!

This sporadic conversation has dragged on for almost a month so I don't think anyone is THAT busy...

• So he's probably just texting back to be nice, right? I should cut off contact and move on?

• 2-3 days is ridiculous for a simple text. i think he's trying to give you the hint. if you got a gut feeling then go with it, and in the end if it turns out he was into you then he will reach out to you but there are other factors to consider when that happens, but that's a different discussion for another time.

What Guys Said 2

• 2-3 days are too much for someone to be "busy"

he just responds to make you believe that he doesn't trying to avoid you ;-)

• I wish he would just stop responding haha. But now I think I'm ready to move on. Thank you for your opinion :)

• 2-3 days is excessive even if he tried to play it off. I think he could have possibly been busy... saw the text and by the time he remembered, it was really late.

There's also the possibility that he hates texting.

• But this has been going on for almost a month. I would have thought that he would conveniently ignore my texts if he were not interested, or pick up the pace if he were interested, but neither has happened (ok at the beginning of our texting stage we were talking all the time but that was a few months ago)

• No he has no reason to be that busy. I also see him on Facebook and Twitter quite a lot, but it's rare that he responds to me within 48 hours. I really hate to admit it but I think he's not interested. The thing that really bothers me is the fact that he does continue the conversation. Usually, if I haven't responded to a text in 48 hours, I assume that the window for responding is closed and I just move on, but he comes back to the text and responds much much later. That's the thing that's driving me crazy!

• Well it would be wrong for any of us to make speculations so why not ask him?

What Girls Said 1

• He either has a girlfriend and isn't telling you, or he's not THAT interested in you. There's no other way around it. If he liked you, he would respond promptly.

Someone commented "maybe he's playing hard to get". That wouldn't make it any better.
    Waiting 2-3 days to respond with the intention of playing it "cool" would be extreme. Which means he's a socially awkward and immature and you don't need that in your life either lol
    Dump this loser

• I think he /is/ socially awkward and immature (from observing him objectively for a while... I've known him for quite a while), but the thought has been on my mind for the past few weeks. I'm probably going to move on unless things change from his end very very soon...

• Geez I'm slowly realizing that I'm a bitch..

• Yeah that's what I do as well. I don't think that makes you a bitch either because you can't click with everyone and you don't want to waste so much time! But once I ignore a text I almost never go back to it. So the fact that he consistently responds to my texts is what makes me a bit hesitant to break it off with him. I just ended up responding with something noncommittal, and I'll see if he ignores that one (he hasn't in the past, but still). If he doesn't respond, I'll just make myself move on.