Is it an ego thing when certain guys don't want to admit they're wrong?

I need the truth lol. I am talking about the guys who have done a lot of mistakes in a relationship, they won't admit they messed up, the don't own up to what they did - and why are some guys like this? thx. :)

lol yes I know I have my own answer-and for one answer-i am only targeting the one type of guy who won't admit it or is in denial-so now it's black and white. thanks everyone for your answers and remember not to be so hardcore about this question-lol
when I mean hardcore-i mean some people fight amongst themselves. be free to be serious- I believe it is a serious issue when people have a minimal lack of respect for individuals as human beings.
so in other words, don't fight because in a previous few questions, some people were arrowing up and down all over the place-it's hard to express tone of words when it's in text. thanks., that's what I mean by 'hardcore'. anyways...

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh guys confess their mistakes but usually only to very few people ;)

As I don't have any personal experience myself the only thing I can tell you is that my best friend usually talks to me. About anything, about the mistakes he did, asking me if they were too bad and what he can do to make them fade away, etc...

Eventually, as he's listening to me, some of them hell confess to his girlfriend but others he wont. Relationships are games, too, so even when making a mistake you could still insist on being right and in the end this will serve for the better ;)

But then of course you got those that insist on being right like ... always... but they're just morons you're not ought to deal with :P

What Guys Said 6

• Given the choice between being humble and being right, 99% of the time people will choose being right. It's not because they can't admit mistakes -- it's that they think you are so full of mistakes yourself that to admit anything would be to overlook your crippling issues. At least that is the mindset. When we start getting away from blame, disrespect, and fear, then all these words just fade into nothingness, and we're all getting along peaceably, forgetting that there was ever a problem.

• It's not just guys, girls act this way too. It depends on the personality of the person. Some people, no matter what, cannot accept being wrong. Doubtful you will ever be changing this type of person.

• I think that women have so much experience being in the right, that looking at their own internal consistency or lack thereof never happens. An intellectually-honest woman is a rarity.

• Ok ok. I'm not accusing the whole group of guys here or the whole male sex, I have only said the subset of total individuals who are male may act like this. it's just a thought, I realize and I'm sure a lot of people obviously know females act this way too. so let's not, misinterpret. but thx for your ans :)

• No one really likes to admit they are wrong, including both genders. And most girls do want closure, a logical answer as to why something went wrong or went awry. Most guys on the other hand, would rather just leave things as they are. So yes, you could say it's an ego thing. But it's also selfish.

• As far as your Xper level

you must be joking about the answer.You know it well or very well.

99% true and 1% for innocence which can can be guessed through eyes.

Thnx

• Just ot let you know, xper level is just a number. the thing is, it depends on the person's answer whether or not they're really giving good advice. just because I'm the top xper doesn't mean I'm all omnicient. others on this site with lower xper have good answers too and I admit I have good answers when it's a serious question.

• Hardcore? You mean sober and honest?

Sorry but I'm 30 and being a joker is not something I'm interested in.

• Hey I'm 21, but doesn't mean anything. age is just a number...but I did read your previous answer and it was good. I didn't mean not to be serious in answering...just what I meant is some people misinterpret and get all emotional-so I'm just hoping people get along and not you know..anywas thx.

• K gotcha :)

• Honestly, my brother is like that about everything, and always has been. Even if you can get him to admit he was wrong about something, which is like pulling teeth, he tries to say things like it wasn't his fault or why it doesn't matter that he was wrong. I'm not like that at all, so it may just be ingrained in some guys to dislike being wrong so much they try to disguise or deny the fact that they were at any cost. For me, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

What Girls Said 1

• People in general don't like to admit when they're wrong when it comes to any subject matter, not just relationships. It's like admitting defeat in a lot of cases, and no one wants to lose.

I don't know how relevant this is, but psychologists did a study where they asked men and women who had gone through a divorce what caused their break-up, and the women mostly placed the blame on their ex-husbands while the men said that they didn't know what the problem was, or they didn't place the blame on anyone in particular. So, girls don't like to admit when they've done something wrong in a relationship either.