Best time to propose?

I've been dating my girlfriend for close to a year now, and was wondering when the best time to propose to her is. I know right now it's a bit early, but I am curious as to when the most opportune time is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anytime after 2 years is good. It's given you both time to build a relationship and sort out important issues like whether you want to be married and if you want kids, things like that. You're only 18 though so I think waiting several years or having a long engagement is better.

What Girls Said 3

• You have a lot of hurdles to cross before you should think about proposing. Live with them and share finances/chores/other responsibilities first, then see if that's truly the person for you. It's better if you have a foundation to start on like a career/education/etc, before jumping into marriage.

• Once you've hit anywhere from 11 months, to a year and a half, thats a good time to propose. Don't rush it though

• Anytime after a year.
    My guy proposed midnight of us being official for a year.
    It was amazing.

What Guys Said 1

• I would say anywhere from a year and a half to two years would be good, that is just my own opinion though. You are only 18 though if you got married a year from now would you be able to support a family? or own a home? I'm just saying when you put that ring on her finger she becomes part your responsibility and you need to be able to take care of her.