Is 27 too told for dating and life? I feel so old and defeated... please help?

I've just moved into India from Australia and I feel really strange... Although I am ethnically an Indian but I can't seem to fit in here. I'll tell you the biggest reason.

I can't really meet women because of the social conditions. There seems to be phases in a girl's life here.

18-23- while she's in college she can have all the fun she likes meet guys, go places and really live life.

23-26- She's expected to settle down and clean up her act. Cut ties to past male friends, and become "marriage material" She can do a job but most employers dont hire women because they know they're going to have to let her go soon.

26- above- Family really puts pressure on her to get married soon, since there isn't much of a dating scene here... its mostly arranged marriage...

I'm 27 now and I really can't find any women who are willing to even be friends with me. Most are just sitting at home, wasting there lives and waiting for someone to come and marry them off. And I have nothing in common with someone who is 20-23... I'd come of creepy that way. women in India are closed to strangers... most introductions are made by mutual friends.

It really hurts me because I had a really good female friend who in front of my eyes watched shrivel into a shell of her former self because she in of "marriagible age"... She was really out going and loved traveling& parties, but now since she's 26 she's really adjusted to the "good girl" image... Killed all her dreams and is just waiting for someone to take her. The worst part is that she's not at all angry at her parents or society but considers it her fate and she's made peace with it.

I feel so old and defeated at 27 :-(

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't feel bad age is no component when it comes to love and there r many women who ignore the age role set out for them by society I know some who r older like 20 years older happy and still going out on dates ur age doesn't matter to the people who mattwr
    U ever try online dating it helps

What Girls Said 4

• The society makes them like that, family pressures and I thank God my parents are not like that. They have given enough liberty to me. And why defeated, if you like her then tell her. :P

• why do you say you have nothing in common with 20-23?

• its indian tradition

• Is never to old to be in love

What Guys Said 2

• huge dillemma bro... to go back into Indian culture after spending time in Australia must have been hard

Donno what to say... Maybe go for an Aussie girl and bring her to India

• how many women have you dated by now?