Is it true that guys get distant with their gfs when they're depressed?

My bfs not making any money now and he's broke. He told me he's depressed and really embarrassed about this. And recently he started getting distant. doesn't really contact, doesn't wanna have sex. Could the depression be the reason?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ugh, yes. It's pretty obvious. Guys are (correctly) taught that they have no value to women or society if they can't make it, so when a guy realizes he has no value to anyone, he tends to withdraw (or just when depressed in general). Suicide might not be far off, if this situation continues.

What Guys Said 6

• depression, embarrassment could be reasons. people also get distant when perhaps they don't feel as connected to the person

there's lots of reasons why a person could be distant

• Yes, but that has nothing to do with you. We're brought up with the idea that we must be able to take care of our girls no matter what and be reliable and brave and strong and yada yada yada. You know what I'm talking about. Being broke is a huge failure for a man and he's quite embarrased to be seen like this by the woman he loves. Give him some time. He'll figure it out.

• yes definitely. he probably has the feeling of not being worthy of you anymore. also it can just make you feel horrible so that you won´t eat, go out or see any people whatsoever.

• Yep, true.

• I get distant toward everyone when I am depressed.

• What could be the worst thing for man than not geting money. What you gonna do with it?

What Girls Said 1

• A lot of people get distant when depressed. Bc you're depressed wtf would you want to talk to anyone. I wouldn't.