Who is pickier when it comes to looks, guys or girls?

Girls often complain to me about how guys are too judgmental about a girl's looks.
I find the converse to be closer to the truth. My objective evidence is from an online dating app like tinder, based almost exclusively on looks (profile pic). Guys swipe right to almost most girls, where as girls are picky about who they swipe right on (hence they mostly swipe left).
I think the girls who complain about guys being picky about looks are usually going for guys who are extremely good looking and rejecting guys who are even slightly above average.

• girls are pickier
  • guys are pickier

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think its by gender. I Used to think it was guys by far, but I've seen guys with average and ugly gfs. Not every guy has a model on his arm. Just like not every girl requires a fine bf. I think it depends on your options. If a girl knows she can pull fine guys then she's less likely t give a lesser guy a chance. Just like if a guy can get find girls he won't bother with a lesser woman.

What Girls Said 4

• The fact that you refer to dating website stats as "objective evidence" makes me laugh.

• You base your observations on tinder that is for hookups? lol The results are indeed surprising... not.

• Where does it say Tinder is exclusively for hookups?
      There are more users on Tinder than other dating sites. They're every day people like you and me, so of course the results will be reflective of the dating population.

• Obviously, they won't say it publicly or the girls will start deleting the app. Off the record though, this is exactly what one founder said to a co-founder.
      Everyone knows it, even the girls who use it.

• Either way, it's reflective of the importance people give to looks on the dating or hook-up scene.

• I don't know. I just like who I like. I wouldn't call myself picky. I don't really have a set preference of who I'm generally attracted to. Usually they are tall, slim and dark though. Like the opposite of me lol.

• It depends on the person not the gender in general. Not all women have high standards and not all men do.

What Guys Said 4

• girls have higher standards for looks in onenight stand scenarios while guys will actually lower theor standards for looks also they have basically no standards for personality.

girls will slightly lower their standards for looks in relationships but will raise their standards for other things (personality/status)

guys will raise their standards for looks and personality for relationships but usually don't care about status.

• While some guys and girls may or may not base their attraction on personality per say , I guess that makes me the exception to the rule. If I don't find a Ladies personality appealing , she won't be finding herself with me. No one like to find themselves with someone they just can't relate to in some form

• @bryon
      there's always exceptions

• Well said Bryon.

• guys mostly i'd say

• I think that while most guys act really picky, in reality they'd take what they can get.

• Both genders do it.