This girl likes me, doesn't want a relationship, but we still hang out?

So there's this girl I met in one of my college classes about 10 weeks ago, and we immediately hit it off (we studied together the night we first met). She asked me to watch a movie with her, and we went out to lunch a few times. One night, she comes into my room and tells me she loves hanging out with me. However, she tells me that she's not very happy with herself right now (she mentioned she had a thing last term that really messed her up), and that she "can't drag me through her crap". She tells me that she wants to stay friends for now. I tell her how I feel about her, and that I respect her desire to be friends. She calls me a great guy, and says that meeting me is her favorite part of our class.

Fast forward a few weeks and we're still hanging out together. I've asked her to come over and see a movie with me, and she asked me to come to a club meeting with her. We talk after class and text occasionally. She said I should register for some more classes with her next term, I'm only doing one just because I had other stuff I needed to take, and I don't want to put too many eggs in a basket that may or may not exist.

I suppose my question is, what should I do? Obviously Im trying to keep meeting other people in case something comes up, but I haven't met anyone I feel the same way about. I'm trying to let our friendship take over for now, but I still find myself really caring about her. So I'm not waiting for her, but is there any chance of this ever becoming a relationship?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Tell her you want to date her but that you're willing to take things as slow as she needs, even glacially slow if you have to.