Are short men as unattractive to women as fat women are to men?

So, I was supposed to be about 6'2-6'3, but my growth plates randomly closed when I was 12-years-old and I'm stuck at a miserable height of barely over 5'6. I fucking hate it. Anyways, I've been wondering how unattractive short men are to women, as I know that study after study has determined that women have a significant preference for tall men, and that height is the number one physical trait women look at in men.

Anyways, I was talking to this girl, and she said that short men are to women what fat women are to men. That freaks me the fuck out, because fat women are incredibly repulsive and unattractive to the vast majority of men. So, basically, are men my height really as unattractive to women as fat women are to men?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I was under 5' til I hit senior year now I'm 5'7 and I actually have pride in it since I can do anything a tall dude can or better but more efficiently lol. it never stopped me from dating someone I was interested in

• Same here, actually. I don't think my height has ever limited me, but my social skills were fucked for a long time due to autism. I literally had girls come up to me and tell me they wanted to have sex and/or be my boyfriend and I was too retarded to figure that out lol

What Girls Said 9

• Not even close. Both are totally unrelated. I don't see how does someone's natural height, in which there is nothing you can do (unless you want to undergo such a painful knee surgery) relates to being gaining lots of weight... a health issue that you have to fix if you're nearly obese.

I'm 5'7 and my then bf was barely 5'8. Would rather date a healthy average height guy than a hulk with serious weight issues.

• As someone mentioned you can be shorter and still be attractive. However, being obese isn't an attractive trait in any gender.

• Sweet, nice!

• Some women and some men have a heart and can see past a physical appearance. In my chunky days I would meet short and tall guys that would tell me they thought I was a beautiful person regardless of weight, and I have dated short guys before as well. But if a guy wants to describe a girl as "incredibly repulsive and unattractive" because she doesn't look the way he would like her to then he just may be the repulsive one in that case.

• I'm referring to actually obese women, not just chunky. I know some slightly overweight women that are hot.

Also, I'm mostly referring to what men think as a whole--not necessarily my personal views.

• I think you are tarring ALL men with the same brush.

No way do "men as a whole" think that bigger women are "unattractive and repulsive" that's utter bollocks!

Honestly if you think like that then you (not you specifically but whoever thinks that way) is the repulsive one. Some women are ugly on the inside, their personality makes them that way, but some are also amazing but may not be the right type for you, that doesn't mean they aren't right for someone else.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm a short arsed guy 5'6" and I have date both beautiful women and women with beautiful personalities who to me were just as nice as those who some may perceive as "better looking".

It's all about taste.

My taste is this... be nice, be kind, be caring and the rest is a massive bonus.

Peace out everyone.

- AskRon

• No. If someone is attractive then they're attractive no matter what their height is.
    I've seen many unattractive tall guys just as I've seen unattractive short guys.
    It doesn't matter all that much to me.
    I had a coworker who was 4'11 or shorter. He was very very attractive and had a cute girlfriend.
    A guy in my class was maybe.. 5'6? His girlfriend was taller than him and she was hot.

• No, I don't think short guys are unattractive.

• My boyfriend is about 5'2... Do I look at it as ideal? No. But I don't think superficial things are very important, I'm a strong believer in personality comes first.

• What does height or weight have to do anything?

• Being too fat is very unattractive to men, so I was wondering if being slightly shorter than average was very unattractive to women.

• I'm shorter than that so that's not short for me. :D

• Even MORE so...

• Short guys aren't automatically repulsive to me.

What Guys Said 5

• Chill out, being short isn't all that bad...
    there are plenty of ladies that will give you a chance.
    If I actually go out and put the effort in to socialize it's not that hard to land a date. I'm short too.

• who told you "fat" womenare unatractive?

i prefer heavier than skinnier girls.

• Some men do like BBWs. Also, I'm not referring to slightly overweight women. I'm referring to actually fat, 35-40%+ bodyfat women. So, I'm not taking about women that look like Christina Hendricks.

• Looks account for about 33% of attraction in girls whereas its about 80% in guys. Why can't people get this in their heads?

• by the way the best pickup artist in the world is just as tall as you.

• Yeah, I know, I just want to be hot, too.

I mean, CupidShmupid is also 5'2 and scores well.

• Not at all lol. I'd much rather be a 5'6 average looking man than a fat woman.

• Below 5' 7, kill your self