Should I date a player?

OK I am starting to really like this douchebag that is absolutely a player, but I think dating him wouldn't be so bad. He "likes" me but I am a really lonely person so I think it'd be nice to not be single and curb this players ways. Am I a dumbass?

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately, you cannot change him. The biggest reason he is most likely a player is because as a child he did not receive enough attention therefore, the way he compensates for that is through the attention of many girls. Trying to change something that is rooted in his subconscious is like trying to change a rock into water, it's impossible. He has to want to not be a player in order for there to be even a glimpse of hope. The other question is would you be hurt knowing that the love or at minimum your passion/likeness for him is never going to be enough for him? Knowing how girls are I would imagine you do not want that. You deserve much better, someone who loves you as you and who wants all of your love, and the love you give to him means everything to him. Not just a hole he can drill (figuratively speaking). Do not waste your time on someone such as that, have faith that the one is out there.

What Guys Said 2

• You're just asking for trouble. You will not "curb" his player ways. You're only going to end up getting hurt in the end. Find someone else.

• You can't change a player by giving him exactly what he wants. Only a player can change a player. So yeah, you kinda are.

What Girls Said 2

• Every girl wants to fix a player, but the truth is, you can't. Have a little fun with him but KEEP YOUR GUARD UP.

• You are sorry!
    You don't date a player cuz he fucks you then kicks you to the curb.. You can't change him