Girls, you get on amazing with a guy, but he has high anxiety/depression issues?

Well, as the title says, brushing him off. Would you keep your distance for a while, always curious to see if he turns it around, or just move on straight away after a short term relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, if I liked the guy and we had a lot in common then it wouldn't bother me. I would actually try to help with the depression if at all possible. Most girls like to try to help fix things with the guy they like, we are fixers in relationships. I don't think it's a turnoff for a guy to have high anxiety, it's a part of life. Hope this helps!

What Girls Said 6

• Since I also have anxiety and depression, I'd have to just see how it works out.

Honestly, it may not be the mental issues that will make or break this relationship for you, so keep that in mind... You guys could break up over normal things as well, so don't blame your illness.

I'd say that I'd try it and see how it works out, all in all.

• My anxiety went through the roof after my dad's death, just think she confused anxiety for neediness.. all irrelevant now, like you say if she wanted to hang around she would

• It depends.
    Is he actively seeking help with those issues? Then id have no problem.

But if he refuses to even look into that, i won't waste my time with someone who won't even try to help themselves

• The issues are related to a parents death, so yes getting help, but also taking time to heal

• That wouldn't bother me at all.

• No if I liked him before I knew about it I would like him after, as long as it doesn't suddenly change his behavior towards me

• Of course not I still get depression issues y would I brush a guy of

• I suffer those too and I think it's something you have to get to a manageable, low impact level. So sorry about the loss of your father. Taking care of yourself is probably your best bet for a while, because you don't need extra relationship stressors. I lost my sister last month, and I'm taking time off, personally. Best wishes during this tough time.

• Thanks, I am sorry about your sister , Easily assume the two of you were very close.

• I'm an introvert, so I gravitate towards other introverts as well. I'm not sure if introversion and depression/anxiety go hand-in-hand, but that's been my experience.
    Here lies the problem: These guys always have amazing personalities aside from the depression and anxiety. And the depression/anxiety isn't so much the problem. But they TRIGGER other problems. These guys tend to be more emotional, insecure, jealous and quick to anger or offend.
    Dating someone like this is usually bad for me (and other girls I know who have dealt with it) because in turn, I become depressed as well. You can't "fix" them, but you'll always want to. It takes a toll on a girl trying to make someone happy who can't be happy.
    Sure the guy himself is amazing, but in my opinion, the price to pay to see the "amazing side" is far too expensive.

What Guys Said 0