He was hurt, so he hurt me?

My ex's previous relationship of 1.5 years ended when he found out his girlfriend had been cheating on him for 6 weeks with his friend. That was 3 months before he started pursuing me. (He already had some sort of a rebound right after the break up) He pursued me hard-core for about a month before I agreed to go on a date. We had been acquaintances/classmates before any sort of romantic feelings evolved. I developed feelings for him and things went well for about 3 months. He dumps me one day suddenly saying that he isn't emotionally ready for anything. I find out the next day that he already had a new girl lined up. I was devastated but am wondering now whether our whole relationship was just a big production to make his ego feel better. It's been a few months since the break-up but it's hard to not analyze why he did what he did when I see him everyday in school. he's recently started saying "hi" to me and I feel like he is trying to hang around me and my friends at social events. WTF!?

is he just severely screwed up in the head because of his cheating ex girlfriend or is this behavior fairly normal!?

Most Helpful Girl

• Pretty much the exact same thing happened to me recently. I was wondering if this behavior was normal or not too, and this is something me and my friends have been debating forever. I think he is just lost, and doesn't know what he really wants. He is also probably afraid of getting attached to a girl, because he is afraid of getting hurt. He wants to feel like he is more in control, if that makes any sense. I have talked to this guy, who was pretty much doing the same thing to me, and I was super p*ssed about it, but I am still his friend. Right now, he is just looking for something physical, because something emotional might be too much for him right now. He will probably stay with that girl for a bit, but probably move onto the next girl when things start getting too serious.

What Guys Said 2

• Nope he ain't screwed up. I got cheated on and found out a week later and I went on a girl frenzy. Mostly to make me feel better. I wasn't looking for another relationship just looking for action...So he was probably doing the same sh*t I did.

• rebound

What Girls Said 1

• no...I'm sorry to say you were probably another rebound. Guy sounds inconsiderate as hell.