Does distance kill Love?

what do you think about this subject maybe our soulmate is in another country but distance is obstacle for us..

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and my boyfriend have a long distance relationship and yea we have only been together a month and a half but eventing is great because we have communication. We're able to talk about anything with each other even its a little uncomfortable at first

• ı can understand you. Also I and my gf speak on Skype evrynight. She is not near of me but she always in my mind. But ı dont know how can we be together one day :( ı m afraid of lost her

• oaky thnks for your conversation :)

• Yea no problem. By the way if you didn't know communication is very very important for a long distance relationship

What Girls Said 14

• Distance doesn't kill love, the things that people do because of that distance kills love.

• Distance certainly doesn't kill it, its the person who loses love for the other or does something like cheating or hurting the other in some other way. People make love die.

• Distance makes the heart grow fonder!
    Depends.. distance should not matter. Aslong as you're seeing eachother enough. And aslong as you both trust and stay faithful to one another.
    but dont get me wrong.. not seeing eachother much can affect the relationship but ONLY if communication skills are poor.

• Lack of communication, faith and loyalty kills it.

• It really depends on the extent of the relationship. I could understand it will work if their overseas due to being in military but if its a college fling with an international student it may not work out in long run if the couple doesn't see each other physically at least once a year. This includes couples living in the US but in opposite side of the country.

• Depends on what kind of love.

Eros or philos have probability.

Agape, no.

• It depends on the couple, for some it makes it stronger because of the feeling when you get when you see that person again, it would be more special. for others it weakens.

• Distance definitely kills love. Sooner or later there's going to be that need to physically be with that person it's just nature and if you can't the it might be a big downfall.

• For some it does.

• I was in a LDR with my ex for 3 years with barely ever seeing each other, and the feelings did fade and we broke up.

• i dont think it kills love I thing it makes love stronger you love more the person and feel more like need to see the person.

• I live in the US, my boyfriend is from Italy. Relationship great! Yes there may be tiny problems but nothing you can't resolve! Lack of loyalty, communication, and just faith kills the love.. Specially jealousy

• no it makes it stronger. heck my man has been busy because of midterms and everything and his college is 10 minutes away from my house but he had to go home for spring break bc he lives on campus which is like 2 and a half hours away :( boy when i see him again it will feel so good to see him. i learned that i grew stronger feelings for him.

• 2 and a half hours is fuckall, especially when you can take a 10minute drive and see him virtually any other time but 2 weeks out of the year. Ldr like different countries and seeing each other maybe 2 weeks out of the year won't make it stronger.

• he was a douche lol now a guy who i've known for years. he moved 2.5 hours away but he's gonna move back which is only 15 minutes away instead:)

• I think it depends on the couple, I've been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for 2 years he lives in Turkey and i live in the UK and we're still going strong and he's the love of my life but soon he is moving to the UK so it won't be as much of a struggle

What Guys Said 7

• Yes!
    People are sad when a loved one dies because they are unable to ever be with them again.
    People are also sad when loved ones/good friends move away for the same reason.

'distance makes the heart grow fonder' is true in certain circumstances, such as a guy no longer initiating conversations with a girl for a while in the hopes she will realize she misses him more than she though'

Living in opposite countries and only texting, maybe Skype is boring and not near as much fun as physically being with that person whenever you want.

Plus jealousy/mistrust issues, if someone better came along, she could physically be with, it might beat someone on the internet they've never met.

• Let's be honest here. Most likely it WILL fail. One partner or even both may have an affair or so eventually. You have to be really committed to each other for it to last

• It depends, really. If it's for 2-3 months, perhaps 1/2 a year that you are away, then you can make it work. If we are talking more than that, then it's a problem.

• It depends on what type of love and how deeply one loves the distant party. It almost always kills romance but love for a family member or life long close friend... distance doesn't change much.

• Yes. Great majority fail as a fact. Out of sight out of mind... It's a lot to sacrifice to see each other couple times a yr... Unless u like them a lot or that's ur only option

• Sometimes it increases the love.
    But it actually kills the lust lol.

• Who knows man, but long distance relationship... done it once. Not doing it again.