Is this a bs excuse or am I just not good enough again?

a guy I have been seeing for 3 months now just broke things off because he feels that he wants to be single and that he doesn't want to hurt me.. I can help but feel that maybe if I was better he would still want me. What can I say to make him give me a chance? I know I will make him happy..

Most Helpful Guy

• one thing I learned from my divorce. something I didn't want (25 years together)
    You cannot make someone love you or want to be with you.
    NEVER change who you are to make someone happy. That is co-dependency. I was in a seriously co-dependent relationship my whole marriage. I gave up everything about myself. I let her make all the decisions, choose everything, did everything she wanted, all because I was afraid she would leave. In the end she did.
    but that is her issue. I had very little to do with the divorce. she was not able to deal with it and she was unable to let things go.
    So in the end, be who you are. if they cannot accept that, they are not worth your time. It might really suck... but you have to move on...

What Guys Said 5

• First of all, there's nothing wrong with you, don't think that if you were better this or that would happen. It was his decision, it's hard to say something to change his mind other than what you really feel and think about this situation. At least it seems he's being honest and told you that he doesn't want to hurt you.

• Believe what he says... leave him alone.

Stop seeking a challenge... and get a guy that WANTS to be with you.

• there is really nothing you can say to him. if he decided he wasn't into you there is not much you can do. I've been in your shoes before, it fucking sucks but you just gotta try and forget him and date other guys

• Better how? Are you mean? are you mentally handicapped?
    Other than that, you are good looking.

• The latter

What Girls Said 3

• fucking sentences want to leave cuz dont want to hurt u dont believe

• Just beg for another chance and promise to be a better gf

• If you do that, I guarantee you no guy will respect you.

• It sounds valid