What's your view on gun owners? Would you ever date one?

I live in Canada and for some reason everytime I bring up my like for guns, girls look at me as if I'm going to be a serial killer or something. I like guns because they are the great equalizer, their aesthetic appeal, they are cool for target practice (just look up FPS Russia and you'll know what I mean) and would like to go hunting when I get my licence.

Maybe it's because I live in Canada, but I'd like to here from you guys especially people living in the US.

If you own a gun, what was your first? I'm not sure whether my first handgun should be a Beretta or a Glock.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have anything against gun owners. If anything, I support it. I grew up around guns so they don't intimidate me or make me feel less towards someone who has them.

What Girls Said 3

• The guy in seeing right now LOVES guns. I was raised with them and I don't see them as a bad thing. People are just different. Maybe you can get a girl interested in guns who hasn't gotten the chance to experience them.

• Would I date a gun owner heck I am a gun owner.

• What do you own?
      Also this response is very late I asked this question like a few months back lol.

• I have a 12 gauge pump & an old 22 cal. bolt action.
      It came up under recommended questions.

• I don't care where I live it's super common

What Guys Said 2

• We all used to have guns for hunting deer or duck, but now the woods are full of whackos in dark glasses and military camo (as if deer were fooled by camo) and carrying automatic weapons, not normal deer rifles.

Now I think it's too dangerous to go hunting

• Not really needed unless the police where you live is really shitty , or you live in a bad neighborhood infamous for crime or you're in a war zone I'll say but I have fired a gun before and I think it's pretty cool.