Girls, do I have a right to be pissed?

My boyfriend of 4 months told me his friend, who is a girl, is coming over to visit... And she is staying at his house. I was a little upset at first, but got over it. I trust him 100% and we have a great relationship. I was excited to meet her and she's a really sweet person. However, I found out that he paid for her plane ticket as a bday present for her!!! That's $700+!!! My birthday was a month ago, and I didn't even get anything from him. I was fine with that, but wtf she gets a plane ticket? They aren't even that good of friends. They met 3 years ago, went on a date, and text maybe 2x/year. I had never even heard of her until he told me about her a week ago. I don't know... girls, do I have a right to be pissed? Guys, would you ever do this to your girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats a slap in the face !! ... I just read the first sentence and i was like yeah u have a right to be mad.. Now i read all of it and thats soo bad you should be angry thats not right even if you trust him and all. It seems fishy... Nothings probably going on but its kind of rude since he has a girl ( You) ... If a guy wanted to stay at my house even if he was a friend i wouldn't unless i lived with my partner.. Thats pretty rude and it looks really bad.. He should be more considerate towards you

• Thank you. I wanted to make sure I wasn't being too crazy. I'm not sure where to go from here? What should I even tell him? =\

• Wow id give you a high five right now or a ten lol 👐👐👐👐 that was perfect ! I wish you lots of luck with you're relationship and always stand your ground.. Like you just did you know you deserve to be respected more... :)

• Thank you :) I agree he needs to know that I deserve to be treated with more respect. He's in a relationship with me now, so his actions directly affect my emotions!

What Guys Said 1

• One of my best mates is a girl and I did buy her plane tickets to come and visit me when I lived abroad. I was dating at the time.
    If he is just after a quick hook-up 700$ is a lot of money for that. I say trust him.

• I would definitely get it if they were really good friends. It would be a different story. One of my best friends is a guy, and I would definitely buy him a ticket to come see me if I had the money! But I would first talk to my partner. And be 100% honest with him... It's only fair. AND they aren't good friends. At all. I've never even heard him mention her, ever. And we've been friends for over a year. Even his friends here don't really know who she is and are surprised he even invited her down. So obviously they're not that close.

• That is odd then. Ask him and see what he says.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, you have the right to be pissed after he gives you an explanation. Then you can make up your mind all the way.

Paying for her airfare certainly is grounds for his explaining everything to you. It's also pretty low to not get a GF a birthday present but to spend $700 on airfare, kinda puts it over the top!

If you value your relationship, allow him to explain his actions. You also need to gexplain that what he's done is more than a little hurtful to you.

• I agree. I definitely need to hear his side of it. I'm hurt and he knows it. I need some time to myself and then I will definitely let him say what he wants to say.

• I would definitely be just as pissed off as you are! If she was that good of a friend in the last 4 months you'd have heard about her? He's probably completely innocent and just being a typical man! He probably wouldn't see why this situation could upset you but you need to sit down and talk about it with him!!

• I agree. I can't believe most men don't think these things through!! Ugh. He's such a sweet guy and has done so much for me in the past, so I know he didn't mean to hurt me... But seriously? Ugh

• Yeah good point. I don't want to seem clingy, but I'm not a clingy person anyways. If anything, HE is clingy haha. I just want him to know he crossed a line with me. I am very laid back and open minded. He is too. We have never fought and are usually very respectful towards each other. So this is very out of charcter for him

• From the sound of it then I think once you've said he'll understand and at least it's out in the open not at the back of your mind creating doubt constantly! Good luck!

• I think you should start an investigation. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I mean it. It sounds like there is more to the relationship than said.

• dont be pissed off.. think native indian.. the land belong to native indians smoke. not indian from asia, not obama's father, not eu people, not Asians, not hispanics, no islam no body claims that the land is their own unless they are a thief.

• I would be pissed

• Do you know why he paid for her plane ticket?

• She lives in New York and wants to get away. I totally get it. I live in an awesome place and it's nice to share where we live. I don't think she has the money to fly to where I live. I could see if she was a really good friend... But she's not.

• Yes, I agree. But he offered to pay, and didn't even consult me about this. It broke my trust with him...

• Yea, I see where you're coming from. He kind of seems like my dad… My dad is a great guy and he's good to my mom, he also has the tendency to just hand out money to people wether they ask for it or not. Though it also seems weird that she is stay over at his house… Try telling him that you don't want her staying with him, if you really don't, and see how he reacts.

• Yep. I'd say you have a right to be pissed. He didn't do anything for your birthday, but paid over 700 dollars for her? I know it's not about the money amount but the point that he didn't do anything for you but more for her, is a unreasonable. They went on a date, and staying at his house? Can she not even afford a hotel room? How about you stay the night with him for the time she's there?

• I can't even look at him right now I'm so hurt =( he doesn't think its a big deal... He's normally so sweet, always checks in, tells me how much he cares about me, etc. So why would he do this? The fact that he didn't even tell me he bought her plane ticket (I heard from his friend) shows that he knows it would hurt me, right?

• Thank you so much for your support guys. I was hoping I wasn't just being overly dramatic about this!! I will definitely tell him how I'm feeling. She's already staying at his place and I don't want him to have to kick her out. And I became ok with her staying there because I trust him and he already told her... I kinda just had a "please don't do this again" talk. But him buying her plane ticket and hiding that from me is what's really hurting... =\

• You're welcome, and you're definitely not being over dramatic about it.