Girls, what's the most regrettable relationship you have ever had?

How was it- or is it- and why did you stay for a while?

I am in my most regrettable one. He is taking me for granted. We break up and get back because I let him in. I know it's stupid because I suffered with him a lot and I missed the chance of being with other guys. Yesterday we spoke and I suggested we go out and he said yes, only to totally forget about me. I didn't want to text him because he knows he doesn't give me the time I deserve-we barely see each other.

It's the same thing every time. I have feelings for him but I am sick of this.

Are you stuck with someone like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been through a few relationships that just made me sick. You stay because you think it'll get better or be like before and it's just a phase, and the feelings are still there.
    If he knows he doesn't give you the time you deserve, then he knows he's being shitty and doesn't care. Do you really have feelings for this guy, or do you hope that he will start to treat you right to prove that you deserve it?
    The thing is, you don't need him to change his ways to affirm that you deserve to be treated better- walking away is the scary way, but it's the best way to prove to yourself that you are worth more without relying on him to prove it for you. Because he won't. He's using you to validate himself, and he doesn't deserve another minute of your time.
    Make yourself a pros and cons list. Everything that hurts you about him is worth two of what he adds to your life, because chances are you can find a guy who will give you the good without the bad. Does he bring sunshine into your life? If not, toss him out. You wouldn't leave a vase of dead flowers in your room.
    Don't play the martyr- it will be the hardest thing ever and you'll want to go back, but when you do you'll feel so strong. It's your damn life, how are you going to spend it- worrying over a guy who has no idea of how amazing you are?
    I know it's hard, but you can do what's right for you. Good luck!

• Wow girl your advice is so amazing! He only adds anxiety to my life mostly. He loves me when we are together but leaves me wonder when we are not. I am tossing him out-thanks

What Guys Said 3

• not a girl... but...

This relationship messed me up quite a bit, especially since she was my first girlfriend. I felt that while we were together (6 months), she never appreciated me for me. She often would threaten to break up with me unless i did this or that, or didn't do this or that. She would always check out guys on the street and say 'you should dress like that guy' or 'you should do your hair like him'. When we split up she invited, from my point of view, an audience to watch her do it. Then.. after we split up, she would use me as her fallback guy every so often for the next two years, and since i still had feelings for her I went with it!

She put me off dating for a very long time, because in my very young and inexperienced mind, i believed that all girls were like that.

• She was not worthy of you. We always have to meet people like that unfortunately

• im not a girl but i will still answer,

I had this one girl in germany i was talking to all day every day,
    i had shared every single thing about my personal life, literally everything,
    she was sharing photos of herself, so was i and this went on for 2 years, then i met her best friend which was austrian , i checked her profile picture and it was the photos which the girl in germany sent me, i've learnt that the "girl" i was to for 2 years was a gay dude, and he somehow was able to send me a voice of a girl and say my name with messages, after this i got into a VEEEEERY big depression and then i fell into love and i recovered.

• why the hell do people do this...

• Believe me-after years you'll laugh at what you said because you are now very young. When you are 20 you will think differently-even the concept of 'love' will change for you.

• one can't change the concept of love D: its nothing for the person to control, whether you believe it or not the age of love can change for every person, for me it started very young, some start very late, i even saw babies that fell in love ^^ and yes i do know some just think they're in love but they aren't, im not one of them, and with the girls in austria/germany, it was not love i can say, its something very different.

• Once... You.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think I regret any of my relationships as I only count "2" of my most serious ones because they were long term, all though my first long term i regret taking him back because he put me through hell, it sucks when you love someone so much and they completely feel okay with cheating on you because they also want to keep you. The only time he would cry or feel sorry is when he got caught but he had no problem sleeping at night knowing what he was doing was wrong. I admit I wasn't the most easy going girlfriend at the time it's because he was always that guy who constantly was hookin up with girls, and didn't do relationships.. till he met me.. he was a really good boyfriend for the most of it then went down hill. I learnt a lot from it, but still felt used in some way.

• I had this 9 months relationship with a guy, and I regretted it so much that no one even dares to mention it in front of me now :P.
    He was this really insecure guy who used to get into a rage every time something would bother him. And I was so hooked that I'd never say no to anything he asked, I'd drop everything to see him. My family finally pushed me to break up.
    I was really lost at first, my everyday life used to consist of ONLY him. But little by little, I started to feel relieved to gain my life back. I started to form new habits that were my own, new opinions, new passions.

My advice is, when it doesn't feel right, leave. The whole time I knew it wasn't right but I didn't even listen to myself. And now I give this advice to every girl I meet who's in a relationship that isn't healthy. I've had bad relationships but I've never regretted any of them as much as I regret this one. Because some relationships aren't perfect, but some of them really dry out your self estime drop by drop. I know it's scary to be alone, but once you learn to enjoy your own company and your own life, you'll meet a man who will feel lucky to be part of it.

• We were still dating, it could've been serious but he was kind of depressed and was making me depressed. though, it stopped because he admitted he was married and had a kid. It kind of ruined me at the time, especially because I though I was falling in love with him or at least getting strong feelings. I felt so bad that he put me in that position the I was a wreck.

• It must have been difficult... thanks girl

• Wow you sound just like me.

• the regreattable relationship I had was with abuser but I didn't till he showed and revealed 5 months later and it got worse on the years and I got out and had flash backs ever since :(

• Sorry girl- did you seek help?

• We can't forget everything-it pops into our mind suddenly... talking about it would help:)

• @asker ill try thnks for the support

• There were two: A friends with benefits one. He was dating a girl-who i knew about a month into our fling-i broke it off of course who he claimed he didn't love anymore only to have some pity on me, like he chose her over me so I'd be devastasted. He kept hitting me up years after they broke up. He was a loser, never did anything with his life. The other one was this guy i was into for 2 years. He treated me like i was a side girl and yet being young and naive i kept begging him to stay with me. Waste of 2 years.

• Didn't see the second part to the question but i stayed with them because i never knew what it was to experience what love is. I thought love was making the other person happy and not taking into consideration the most important person, me

• Oh girl those are quite two annoying types of guys... I hope you'll find the right guy. Thanks

• I am sorry honey... I was in a relationship with a guy who clearly was still hung up with his ex girlfriend and had no room in his heart for me. He would give me the silence treatment for up to a week at a time just to torture me, I use to cry and couldn't get out of bed and it affected my job performance. After he ignored me for a week on my birthday and ignored me for yet another week on new year, I finally decided to break it off with him. Dated him from 31 to 32, am turning 33 soon. I wasted my precious time on him being in this yo yo relationship with him, when I should have been looking for a emotional stable guy to settle down with... I feel so stupid to love someone that doesn't love me and doesn't have the capacity to give and receive love.

• Thanks girl! I swear it's almost the same thing with me! I dated him from a little before 31 to 32. I am wasting my time with a guy who says he loves me but is not available, and has no problem disappearing. Last time we said let's hang out and he agreed-only to disappear next day and for 4 days. I decided to move on for good. I know he will come to me be then I will tell him to f... off.

• I've been talking with this guy from USA for more than 6 months and we met through a chatt app. at the first time I didn't expect I will have a kind of attachment and feelings for him. It was supposed to be a casual chat for us, as we're busy singles who don't have much time to socialize and meet people to date outside. It turned out we talked everyday, exchanged photos and share our daily life, yet we never meet in person. It happened we did phone sex and sexting several times. I am always honest with him if I kissed a boy when I am going out with my friends which happened very rare. I asked him if he met any girl or kiss any girl there but he told me he never. I found that strange and I had a feeling of not trusting what he said. We kept talking for more than six months everyday. I realized I like him and getting attached to him. Knowing that he is so far away and the possibility to meet up is very little makes me so upset and I want to stop talking to him because I know its going nowhere. But I do really hope I can see him in person one day and I told him. I tried to stop talking to him and telling him about my feelings and what I want. He told me he wanted me too and he didn't want to stop it. He said he wanted to work on it with me. I've been waiting, invested so much time but he never came up with exact plans. If he really wanted to work on it with me, he must try everything but he didn't. He is such a future faker, every single words he said was just bullshit. I was so stupid, I knew this won't work out but I was so blind. I regretted it, he knew that I have feelings for him, but he didn;t want to let me go yet didn't do anything with us. :(

• Thanks girl for your feedback.

Yeah unfortunately knowing someone via internet rarely works. This happened to a friend when she was around 24. He disappeared and she called. He told her he got back with his ex. She was upset but it taught her many things