Is being "macho", cocky and egotistical apparently a requirement for a woman to like you as partner material?

That's what it seems. Women often complain about macho men yet still expect "Alpha males"(Whatever the fuck the set in stone definition of it is) with a house and a car. Don't get me wrong, I certainly would never allow anyone to disrespect me and don't mind utilizing my own toughness and tenacity only when it's necessary but I never use my strength and many other advantages to be cocky and egotistical about it.

I prefer to be humble just as much as I prefer my woman to be humble. While there's nothing wrong with bragging and having a lot of confidence, there's a fine line between backing up your claims and just making a complete moron of yourself in order to prove something.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never been a fan of that. I think guys think girls like that more than we do.
    The only guys who I've ever seen pull that off are super attractive guys. And even then I've never seen a ltr sting from that
    But I've never seen it work with any normal guy, ever. There was this group of guys in my school who thought it was cool to act like that but everyone hated them

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly you sound perfect. It sounds like you have a good amount of confidence without being too cocky. Guys that are too "macho" as you say, can come off looking ridiculous with their displays. Deep down they may be insecure and this is why they feel they have to act in such a way.

• Different strokes for different folks. I'm a bit confused about your idea that only so-called alpha males can achieve their own living quarters and/or car, however.

What Guys Said 3

• I just asked this you tard hole!

komplexify.com/.../BlackHole.gif

• It's about the confidence that often goes hand in hand with those things.

• Yeah, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with confidence but I still prefer not to have an over-inflated ego.

• No... only stupid bitches.