Are you more of an optimist or pessimist? And could you date someone the opposite of you?

Optimist or pessimist?

And if you are an optimist, could you date a pessimist or vice versa?

Don't forget, there's two questions I'm asking here.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always been more of a pessimist although I'm trying to be more of an optimist. Yes I could date someone who was opposite of me

What Girls Said 9

• I'm the second. I don't think I could ever date an optimist.

• you look so happy in your picture though. :p

• Yeah he may be on to something...

I would say im a bit of a realist myself, with optimistic tendencies. and i can definitely understand and see some pessimists points of views

• I dig realists. They are usually quite practical so I kind of admire them and I'm a little jealous of them at the same time :p.

• Pessimism is strong with me, I could not date an optimist.

• I'm a realist.

• Could you date an optimist or pessimist?

• Out of those two? An optimist. Ideally, a realist though.

• This sounds almost EXACTLY like my question from earlier this week. :))
      I am the eternal realist.

• I think it depends on the day and time. Monday mornings, pessimist. Friday nights, optimist to the extreme.

• I'm optimistic with others. Pessimist, about me. I would not date someone who's only pessimist. I would date someone realistic.

• I'm optimistic, but i didn't always see things this way. I did date a pessimist and i hated it. He was way too pessimistic though. Literally everything was in peril according to him. I could date someone with a lesser degree of pessimism.

• I'm an Optimist

• Im a pessimist and love positove people around me.

• so i would say i'm more of a realistic person and in most cases this makes me sound like a pessimist person,... no i will not date an optimistic person because at times optimistic people are kinda too naive to think that everything will be alright when in fact its not!!!

What Guys Said 9

• Realist.

I'm the kind of person who will say, "Our odds look like shit, but fuck it, let's do it."

• Hm, I don't consider either very good.

Both are very blind to reality, they make things of situations as they WANT them to be in their head, not as they actually ARE.

But, if I had to choose, probably the optimist. At least an optimist tries to take things and spin them in a positive way.

• i'm always optimist of course...

i'm still hoping for the day to see all religions vanished from this planet :-(

• I am Pessimist. And would like to date a girl who is a balance of the two; you can say realistic.

• Optimist. Pessisimsts suck.

• Im a realist.

• Could you date a pessimist or optimist?

• Id rather date a pessimist because optomist are in denial of reality. Pessimist at least are making back up plans.

• Optomist... im getting the job im going to buy x y z.

Realist... probably won't get it but at least I have a job

Pessimist... I won't get the job good thing I have a job.

• I'm a realist and I'll date just about anyone if I like them.

• I'm a Realist and a mildly optimist

• Pessimist, and I'd kinda need to date an optimist just to level things out lol

• I'm a realist but optimists often confuse that with pessimism. lol

• Yes, both are hard work but it's not a deal breaker.