Is voice important to you?

Is the voice of your partner (or a possible partner) important to you? This can be the tone, accent, or whatever. I know many girls like guys with deep voices, and guys tend to like girls with softer voices, but is this actually something really important to you?

This came to my mind because I was thinking about an episode of Blue Mountain State (amazing show) where this guy has sex with a hot girl, whose throat is so soar that she can't talk. So they're having sex and the phone rings and then he hears her voice on the answering machine and it totally blows him off.

Would someone's voice stop you from taking things further?

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if for some reason their voice really annoyed me. Otherwise, it is not a deal breaker.
    I prefer deep voices, but my current boyfriend does not have a particularly deep voice. It is not a very high pitched voice either. He speaks softly and has a mid-pitched voice. I have never heard him raise his voice or get angry with anyone, though I know he has. He has never done so in front of me.
    I do love accents. He does not have one, but speaks fluently in 5 different languages and sometimes when he speaks in those languages it seems as if he has an accent.
    His voice calms me when need be and can arouse me when need be as well, depending on what he is talking about or the situation.

What Girls Said 17

• Not really. I don't I've ever even thought about voices. Most guy voices sound nice to me. Girl voices though, I've heard some that were annoyingly high pitched and what's worse is they spoke "Like omg. I like literally cannot believe it. Omg".

My voice is very deep though. I sound like my brothers and over the phone people often mistake me for one of them :/
    What's worse is that I am so short and skinny, so people expect me to sound like some dainty ballerina or something. But nope lol Not at all. Not at all.

• My voice is very low lol especially compare to other Asian girls :( so i feel you my friend lol 😛😄

• @mei0313 not a robot but my voice hardly conveys emotion lol I don't know. I just always sound the same.
      What shall it be called? Mis match voice club? Lol

• hmm lol mismatch voice club :D so funny
      I'm sure you sound nice!!! I think most people care about the way you talk then your voice :)

• Yes and No, generally when dating the opposite sex you tend to think their voice should be masculine for males and feminine for girls, Its not so important but I do think if I was dating man and he sounded feminine it would completely throw me off, and I doubt it would turn me on if lets say he was dirty talking verbally.. because when your eyes are closed you can focus more on the tone of voice..

• That's exactly what I was thinking, the fact that when you have your eyes closed and s/he talks you just can't picture something positive.

• uhm no not really unless it's really squeaky or something, but u dont come across those very often anyway:P
    as for me, i dont have a 'soft' voice but people r still ok with it=]

• I don't really mind Ahah
    Like honestly we can't pick a partner to be with because we don't like their voices. It's just being picky. Some people do have their preferences.. But with me I don't mind. He could sound like a chip monk and that wouldn't bother me. I love chipmunks 🙈

• Deep voices are a turn on.
    But definitely not a deal breaker to me.

• I love deep voices, and especially when a guy first wakes up in the morning and it's all gravelly <3 I don't know why but I love that :p <3

• Would someone's voice be a deal breaker? Only if it was unbearable. I'm a voice person tho. I'm a audio person period.

• It's not something that I consciously think about, but I've noticed that most of the guys I date have similar voices. Quiet, low, and slightly husky. So I guess I do have a "type" when it comes to voices.

I actually remember in my junior year of high school when I had a huuuuuge crush on a guy in my choir. He was flawless. Except for the fact that his voice was incredibly nasally. I literally cringed every time he opened his mouth!

• Some voices can be attractive, but I just notice them when they are lol. It rarely happens.
    I don't care much about voice. Basically if I don't notice them it's because there's nothing wrong with them and they are all ok.

• Somewhat. It has some importance when conversing on the phone. It has to sound masculine, at least not higher than mine :p

• To me a mans voice, the way he talks and his accent important. It doesn't have to be deep or anything like that. I dont really know exactly what kind of voice I like but I know when I hear it.

• If a guy has a some what deep voice! That's attractive..

Girls that have high tone of voice is annoying for me! can't handle that :(

• So ma voice is annoying? :((
      U make meh craii a thousand tears of river ma chica 😭😭😭😭

• I said " girls that have high tone voices is annoying for me" .. But guys down really have high tone voices just normal. Not to high not to low! @keyspirits ima log out now :D peace!! ✌ love and peace! Chaoo

• Bai ma chica, luv ya 💏

• no deep voices!

• Yes lol it turns me off when he sounds like a girl. I don't like too low either though.

• I don't really care about voice :) but if his voice is higher pitch than mine then hmmm 🙊

• when I was little

• I think it has to be tolerable if you're going to be with that person a lot whereas a teenage boy's voice can be breaking but since it won't be like that forever it's easy to look over

What Guys Said 10

• There are girls who's voices are so piercing my skin literally crawls whenever they open their mouth.
    There are guys who's voices are so mumbled and slurred I have no idea what they are saying.

Golden voices are always nice but eligibility is important I think.

BONUS if she has an English/Russian accent.

• When your meeting someone on the Internet and you hear their voice for the first time... Yes! It's pretty important. Especially if you're attracted to them... Hahaha but if I met someone at a party or the mall I really don't care as long as she doesn't sound like a man or talk she has a 6th grade education level. Like... "WASSUP MA NIGGA JASPER HOW YOU DOIN KID?" 😨👍 lol I'll be on the other end like this 👇
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/LGIqCrTuJqA/hqdefault.jpg

• Some voices are quite annoying and it might stop the attraction level.
    So although it's not often spoken of it is something I look into unconsciously

"Blue Mountain State (amazing show) " Hell Yeah lol I remember that episode haha

• It's a pretty low priority for me. I care 100x more about the intent behind what they say than their pitch. If their voice was really deep that could be a turn off. I'm not sure I remember hearing a girl with a voice that deep.

• actually i don't like girls with high-pitched voice much

they sound kinda childish to me tbh :-/

• Yeah i think it is really important
    i dont want a girl who speaks deeper than me lol! not cool!
    i also caant stand when its super high pitched...
    as long as there are no extremes i am fine

i do like slightly raspy girl voices...

• Yeah, it actually is important. It's one of the elements of physical attraction, in my opinion.

• I like an attractive female voice.

• As long as it isn't obnoxiously annoying or nasally, I don't really care. Although a nice voice IS a plus :)

• Husky voice like a sailor drinking sweet tea or GTFO