Should I even consider dating a stoner?

There is a guy I like at my school and I can tell he is attracted to me too, but he is a stoner and it kind of bothers me. Maybe I shouldn't be bothered by it but I am kind of. But I am also really interested in him, so I don't know what to do. I am thinking of talking to him, but should I? Should I at least give him a chance before saying Okay, he is not for me just because he smokes - a lot.

What would you go? What is your experience with dating people who smoke a lot of weed?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on your personal views on weed and whether or not he's one of those stoners who'll never amount to anything because he smokes too much weed and doesn't have any motivation. But if you're not bothered by the herb and he still gets shit done then there's no reason not to date him.

What Guys Said 10

• Maybe you should be a little more mad at the government that made it illegal to grow a certain plant.

But yes, stoners can be unreliable. Proceed with caution.

• No way he will just get you started on it

• I'm a recovering meth/pot user.

One of the biggest influences in my going clean and sober was having a significant other who didn't judge me for it but has no interest in using herself.

Make of that what you will.

• Seriously, most of the negative stereotypes attached to people that smoke weed are complete bullshit. Yes, there are 'burnouts', but there are also probably a lot of people that you know that smoke weed and you'd never even know. I'd say give it a chance, what is so wrong about being a "stoner"?

• There's nothing wrong with stoners. They are human beings too.

• Way to go bigots

• I say no they are not worth it they could go to jail

• You should date him anyway

• Care to expand on that?

• You should like him depending on if he treats you right not if he smokes. Though it is a big factor it shouldn't bother unless he's always high around you

• As long as he's got a job and making money. My dad smokes, but he's got a high paying job

• No it's gross, he will be blowing his money on the stuff, he will be doing it all the time, he may try to pressure you into doing it and he could wind up getting arrested or put in jail. Not worth it. If you aren't okay with it by now then he probably won't change that.

• If he has his shit together and gets good grades he has no problem being a stoner. But if you ask me you shouldn't do pot until 21.

What Girls Said 2

• My experience with dating a stoner is that it's the same thing with dating a non-smoker. You should give him a chance and if it bothers you too much than do go for it.

• Thank you.
      Yes, I think that I will give him a chance.

• Honestly i would be more worried if the guy i was interested in went out drinking every weekend or drunk daily, getting stoned isn't actually that bad and to be honest wouldn't be enough for me to re-consider something with a guy im really interested in.

• Would it be enough to cause you to reconsider if a guy were high all the time? (I'm not saying that this guy is high all the time - he's not. I'm just asking.)