If the guy's last name is sooo ugly, is it ok to refuse to take it?

For instance I can't imagine being called Mrs Potatohead nor Mrs Mummahed, ugh...

However, if he has a beautiful last name such as Everett, Darling, Irwin, Washington, etc... it's ok.

For me, it's not because of this ''It's the 2015 and the rights'' bs but rather because if it's really a truly ugly last name, I don't want to be called that.

I'm also ok if he has a normal or common last name too. I don't mind Smith either. I'll only refuse if it's really ugly or sounds offensive.

Most Helpful Guy

• basically i don't understand the point of a girl getting the last name of the guy she's married with... too old-fashioned imo!

What Guys Said 12

• Now I'm insecure.

Is my last name McHardcock okay? Girls might refuse...

• Will think about that one. I guess if said fast, it's ok but once spelled it's funny.

• Its family tradition to say it slow and loud.

• Sure that's fine. But if you told your fiance that you wanna keep your family name because his last name is "hideous" he might not take it too well. I suggest making up a different excuse.

• Well yes, I won't tell him that but another make up another reason. Off course if he had the mentality of ''take my name or it's over'', then it would be over. I shouldn't be forced into something I don't want.

• I don't really care. I'm against marraige but hypothetically I'd take my wife name if it was cooler than mine. I think it's best to just both take the last name that sounds the most pleasing.

• I totally agree!
    i wouldn't want my wife to take my last name if i liked the ways her sounded more
    But if i had children i would hope they take my last name

• My last name's part of the package deal. It invokes the rich cultural heritage of Ireland, we McMahons are a proud and strong clan.

• Cool last name

• I think so too, honestly though if I were really in love with and she hated my last name, I may be willing to hyphenate our names.

• Such an ignorant comment tf is a "normal" "common" name ain't no such thing. Hyphenate your name or something stop crying and shit

• Yes that is a great idea a new age a new way to try life

• So shallow.

• So if his last name was manure, then I should still be happy and take it?

• I am against going with last names anyway but your reason is shallow.

• mrs depshit? does that sound right?

• My last name is Bauels, and my gf's name is Luz. She WILL take my name, or it's over.

• If I were with someone like you forcing me to take a name I don't want and don't like (which is still being forced into something I don't want), then I'll call it over as well too.

• What do you think of my last name adkison

• It's ok.. that's a cute one actually

• Well, I would hope you weren't that shallow butttt my mom actually kept hers and hyphenated it

What Girls Said 7

• Personally, I wouldn't mind taking my fiancĂ©'s last name regardless. Though if it'll bother you that much, you can still keep your last name (I believe) or add it to his name.
    I love my last name being Shandorf, it is I rare and unique and we have a really interesting past.

• I would love being called mrs potatohead!

• My sure name is Coltelli and at first I thought it sounded ugly but then grew to love it. I never want to marry and change my name, I prefer my original.

• Nah not really own it and rock it why be ashamed? Kind of dumb tbh. Just saying.

• Once was with a man who had the last name "Pew" haha... I always used to think omg I don't wanna be "Mrs. Pew" my sister used to try n class it up & spell it "Pugh" like the Bucket lady on keeping up appearances

• Thanks for sharing your story. Yeah, I won't take that one either.

• It's ok... thanks

• For you to * wow dyslexia

• Lol I'd get mine hyphenated and have everyone call me Ms. (My last name) lol

• If it's ugly you shouldn't have to take it