How to respond to text?

He sent "I miss you". But I've been losing interest. I don't want to ignore. What's a good response?

Most Helpful Guy

• Say what you really feel, but don't be too rude or he might fell really, really bad about himself, just say"i'm sorry but i don't think we can be together, you are a good friend but that's all i'm going for right now, friends"or something close, just don't be too shallow

What Guys Said 13

• If you have lost interest then tell him sorry, but you don't think it's going to work for you anymore. After that if he contacts you again just repeat yourself and feel free to ignore him after that. Unless his stuff is at your place. Then you have to give it back.

• "I've been losing interest lately and unfortunately do not share the same feeling, goodbye forever."

• "who is this?"
    "sorry you have the wrong number"
    "this is Elizabeth not Jennifer"
    lol!

• You need to be honest. Don't trail him along with false hope.

• Tell this guy to call you. tell him honestly how you're feeling dont keep leading him on it'll only hurt him more. just tel him you're sorry and you just wanna tel him before he gets hurt.

• Answer him what you feel.. take it easy tho :P
    Also who knows, you might develop feelings again..

• Just tell him what you told us..."sorry, I am not interested anymore".

• I think the best would be to have a friendly conversation but make it seem like you are putting little effort into your texts... lets him down easy

• I sent "hope to see you soon" is that good?

• yeahhh
      minimize exclaimation points, emojis, and multiple messages in a row, thats what guys look for to see if you are into them

• but still be friendly... its a fine line but you can do it! :)

• how about... send a really naughty message back... then immediately send another one apologising and saying you meant that text for somebody else? what ya think?

• ah okay...

• Just a smiley face :) would be enough.

• You can get smartass. I would.
    "I miss you"
    "Keep searching"

• You must answer what you feel.

What Girls Said 19

• Tell him in person how you feel. Stringing him along isn't fair to either of you. He deserves someone who feels as strongly about him as he feels about her.

• I need to know exactly what you want before I give you my advice.

Are you 100% sure you want absolutely nothing to do with him ever again? But you just want to let him down nicely? "Losing Interest" and "Lost Interest" are two different things.

Are you just unsure about how you feel? Can we have a bit more info?

Was this guy treating you like crap, leading you on?

• Say "I know =)" lol! I've done that before and it worked. No but really eventually you're gonna have to face him. Good luck!

• Why are you losing interest? I was in the same position, I lost feelings because I felt like he was just in it for himself and I wanted to break away from that. When he text me he "miss"me I just ignored him simply because I had nothing to say to him.

• Aww :( Well Say "Hey I'd like to tell you something, I need to be honest, we need to talk." Just be honest with him.

• Be honest and don't lead him on. You don't like him anymore just say "Hey, let;s grab a coffee" and talk to him one on one, give him closer to move on also.

• I would send a smiley face and then change the topic by asking something like "what are you up to?" This is probably not the best method, but it's worked for me :D

• The best way is ignoring. Don't reply him. If you send back something, he'll think that you still want to contact him. So ignore him and he will automatically understand what you mean.

• ask him which one is it than? If you really miss me you wouldn't be losing interest because you're still thinking about me. Try that

• Just like all the commentors are saying.. Tell him how you feel and take it easy.. It's his right to know how you really feel about him.. Don't keep him hanging.

• You could always respond comically.. something like of course what's not to miss but be sure to follow it up with a jk or lol.. and let him him know your really busy right but you'll talk soon.

• is "hope to see you soon" a good response?

• Do you think that text be misleading?

• Depends.. Do you hope to see him soon so you can have "the talk "?

• Say, "thank you."

• Dont make him feel bad , he may think he is a nice guy by texting you that

• Tell him how you feel.

• Don't respond

• Start talking about your day and pretend it didn't come though.

• tell him the truth

• If it were me I would probably say "Heyy :) Sorry for the lack of responses, I have a lot going on. But I hope you're doing well!"

And if he responds with questions like "Is everything ok between us" "when can I see you" or something along those lines, then tell him the truth... but don't be too harsh.

• Everyone misses me ;) ahah you could put something jokey like that, or you could just quite bluntly move on with the chat. But good for you :) don't lead him on 👍