Why is he coming back around saying he misses me?

I broke it off with my 5 month on and off fling because our relationship became very one sided with me putting out constantly and not getting ANYTHING back in return. I wanted to actually hang out and spend time with him, but all he seemed to want was sex.

I told him about 3 weeks ago that the relationship we had going on wasn't working for me anymore and that I didn't want to talk to him anymore. I didn't hear from him again until , a week after he called me (I didn't answer) now tonight he texted me that he misses me. Does this mean anything? I don't really want to respond because I don't have the same feelings for him, but I don't want to be rude either. Why is he even coming back around?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is the way I see this one. First off you were the one putting forth all the work into the relationship and he seemed to be in it for the sex. You wanted an actual relationship and to spend time with him but he only wanted to use you for his own needs, as to why you got nothing back in return. He only misses you right now not because he misses hanging out with you and being with you but he misses the sex. This guy seemed to have a one track mind and didn't seem to me that he cared at all about your needs or your feelings. I would say don't respond. You made it quite clear to him that you didn't want to talk to him anymore and that the one-sided relationship wasn't going to work. Kudos to you for realizing that this isn't what you want nor deserve. You deserve so much better and there are guys out there that will care for you genuinely and will want to make you happy first. Don't settle for less than what you want, otherwise you will never be happy. I say learn from this experience and move on. Take some time to figure out though as to what you want. I question though why it took you 5 months to realize that he has been using you, which seems like this from the very start of your relationship. So do some soul searching on your end and figure out what you want in a guy and again learn from this experience. If you don't learn from it, you will only repeat it again. It's in the past now- including him so leave him there. They are called exes for a reason. Best of luck to you!

• You're very right and thank you for encouring me to leave things as it is. I know for a fact he only just want sex. He sent me that text as bait hoping I would jump at his service. Nope I'm more wiser now because of smart people like you letting me know what this was really all about. To answer your question, to be honest it took me 5 months to realize this because I was so in denial hoping he would change and he NEVER did. Not one bit. He's a pretty lonely guy and his life is unstable. That's why he was using me to feel better about himself.

• I am glad I could help out and I am glad you are moving on. One more piece of advice... never ever ever expect or make someone change who they are. The only person you can change is yourself. You need to love the person for who they are, not what they could "potentially" become. The reason being is they could never become that person and then you will feel let down. I wish you only the best!

• Thank you soo much :)

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• Sadly he could just realize no one else will take him and he's greeting desperation (I'm sorry if that made it seem like you were the lowest he could get, i didn't mean it like that. I'm sure your a lovely person