How do I stop him from saying "I love you"?

So I'm an eighth grader and I've been dating this guy for about a month now. He keeps saying "I love you", I'm not naive enough to believe him. I mean were only 13/14 we don't know what love is. So when he says it i just stay quiet. I know he's not trying to get something from me by saying it, he actually thinks he is in love With Me.
So what I'm trying to say is, I'm uncomfortable with him saying it and i would greatly appreciate any advice on how to get him to stop without actually asking him to.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, first off, you seem mature for your age. You are correct, it isn't bloody likely that a 14 year old boy knows what love is. More like he is infatuated with you.

If it bothers you that much then have a talk with him. Tell him that you understand that he genuinely feels he loves you but that you don't believe people your age understand it fully or what it really means. Ask him to cool it for the time being.

• Thank you, it's just that I'm a pretty awkward person and i don't know how to go about things. So again, thank you very much for your advice.

• Didn't Cory and Topanga wind up getting married, and having children (girl meets world)?

• Yes... I'm sorry but i don't understand what you mean by bringing that up. I'm very sorry if that came off as rude. I didn't mean for it to

• Dont pay him any mind dear... I know how u feel I had an ex and the truth is I broke up with him because of tht same thing.. and other stuff... but yea talk it out

• I'm just sayin'

What Girls Said 0