Girls, would you be upset if you found out your guy had liked his best female friend a while ago?

We were talking about friends and such and I told her one of best friends is a girl, we have been friends for almost 10 years now. I did make the mistake of asking her out 7ish years ago but she said no and I am so thankful she did as I now only see her as a friend.

she seemed troubled by this when I mentioned it and in retrospect I wish I had not said anything, but she did ask if I had thought of her romantically and I am bad at lying...

Most Helpful Girl

• Deal breaker. I wouldn't date a guy like that. I'm a very picky and insecure person, I've already been cheated on by both my ex bfs. So I'd move on to the next one in this situation. I've seen too many novelas where this scenario ends up in a love story for the guy and the best friend, but the other girl (me) ends up getting hurt and cheated on.

I wouldn't go out with the guy or if we were already dating, I'd probably break up.

What Girls Said 2

• Lol are you my ex? Lol. Well I would be super panicked. The exact same thing happened to me. My ex has this friend from home who he liked and got turned down by. Now she likes him. So I can't just sit back and believe that there are no feelings there at all.
    I would be very unsettled

• Oh I see, she has a long term bf who I am pretty good friends with, so no worries there. but I know what you mean.

• No, is probably occasionally get jealousy ( but who doesn't). It's not a huge deal as long as I know you don't like her like that anymore

What Guys Said 2

• My best friend is a girl and I asked her out before. My gf now doesn't mind that I did. They actually get along. The past is the past

• Realistically no. Theoretically yes.