Called him out for being distant, now I feel like a bitch - how to fix it?

So he's been acting a bit distant lately. I knew that he had a full plate with exams, school, work etc, so I was cutting him some slack. I started to get really annoyed by it though and mentioned it to a friend who, after a few drinks, text him from my phone (without me knowing) basically telling him that I understood if he was no longer interested but I at least wanted to understand why. I was pretty horrified to find out this morning that she'd done, but thought it best to just leave it. He's just replied (like a day later) saying that he doesn't really know what to say in response to the text and that he's just had a lot on his mind lately.

How can I fix it? I feel slightly like he's got to be thinking I'm a bitch for not understanding and a psycho for calling him out on it (I haven't said to him that it was my friend). Is there a way to fix this?

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him that although you didn't send the text and that it was exaggerated you do feel that he is being distant and that you'd like to spend more time with him when available.
    You also need to talk to your friend and tell her how out of order she was! She could have ruined your relationship

What Girls Said 1

• try apologizing